International Freshmen Students

The steps below apply to new international students.

If you’re not an international student, see the steps to enrollment that apply to you.

As you go through the enrollment process we are here for you every step of the way. You can contact the Office of Enrollment with questions any time at (800) 541-8900.

Enrollment Checklist

1. Apply and be accepted.

For questions about the application process call (800) 541-8900 or email

Go to to create your application account.

Certified copies of your secondary-level certificate (with English translations, if necessary), and official copies of all university-level academic records (or transcript of marks) are required. Ask your preparatory school and/or university-level institutions to send certified and official documents to the address below.


Walla Walla University Admissions
204 S. College Ave
College Place, WA 99324

All international transcripts must be evaluated by an approved translation and evaluation company.  Below is a list of agencies you could use.  NOTE:  We will accept evaluations from any National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member. All evaluations must be completed with official documents sent to the evaluation company directly from the educational institution or documents verified by the evaluation company. A course-by-course evaluation must be sent to the Office of Admissions at WWU in a sealed envelope, or other means of official transmission, directly from the evaluation agency. 


* Prices discounted through this link. 

If English is not your first language, send official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency) scores. Ask the testing center where you took your TOEFL, IELTS, or iTEP to send your results to Walla Walla University. 

Ask one person not related to you who knows your academic qualities (such as a teacher, school counselor, or principal) to complete the Enrollment Reference Form.

2. After you have been accepted.

For questions about getting access to myWWU call (509) 527-2317 or email

MyWWU is the online entry portal for the apps you will use at WWU. Once you are admitted we will send you an email with details on how to activate your university email address and myWWU account.

Two commonly used apps at WWU are PeopleSoft and HighPoint. PeopleSoft has the most capabilities for managing your student information. It is designed for use on desktop computers.

HighPoint has fewer features, but is designed to use on mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones. Financial Clearance and Registration Finalization can only be done in HighPoint.

  • Follow the instructions in the acceptance email you received to access myWWU.
  • Remember your myWWU account name and password. You will use this throughout your academic career at WWU.

International students must complete and submit an I-20 Worksheet. Once your deposit, I-20 worksheet and proof of funding have been received, WWU will issue your I-20 visa form.

International students must make a $3,000 deposit. The deposit is refundable upon graduation or departure from WWU, and is available for emergency situations. Contact the Admissions office at (800) 541-8900 to make financial arrangements.

You must have a current student visa issued by the U.S. Embassy in your home country before you leave your home country. (You cannot study at a U.S. college or university on a tourist visa. Also, you may not change your tourist visa to a student visa after you arrive in the U.S.) Apply for a student visa at the nearest United States Embassy in your country. They will ask for:

  • Your Walla Walla University acceptance letter
  • Your passport
  • The I-20 visa form issued by WWU
  • Required financial information

For questions about the enrollment fee call (800) 541-8900 or email

Pay your enrollment fee

If you are enrolling for six or more credit hours, a $200 non-refundable enrollment fee is required and will allow you to enroll in classes and reserve your housing.

Pay online (you'll need your myWWU account and password)

Or, send a $200 check to:

Walla Walla University Admissions
204 S. College Ave
College Place, WA 99324

Receive your rebate after school starts

A $100 rebate will be refunded to your account at the start of the first quarter if your fee is paid by the following deadline:

  • For Fall enrollment, pay by April 30.
  • For Winter/Spring/Summer enrollment, pay two weeks before the first day of the quarter.

3. Before arriving on campus.

Starting in April

Please familiarize yourself with the eligibility requirements for student housing. These include requirements for both on-campus, as well as off-campus housing.

Living in a residence hall

For questions about women's residence hall housing call (509) 527-2531, or email

For questions about men's residence hall housing call (509) 527-2111, or email

Students planning to live in a residence hall must submit an online Residence Hall Housing Application (sign-in to myWWU is required).

Living off-campus

For questions about off-campus housing options call (509) 527-2109 or email

To live outside of the residence halls, students must meet certain eligibility requirements or receive approval from the Director of Residential Life and Housing. After verifying your eligibility or receiving approval, you may arrange for housing outside of residence halls.

Visit Village Housing for information about applying for university-owned off-campus housing.

Questions about what it's like to live on campus?
Watch a Q&A presentation about living in the residence halls.

Beginning in May, you can start enrolling in classes by booking an appointment with the office of Academic Advisement. During your meeting you will have the opportunity to review general studies requirements, transfer credit (if applicable), and register for classes. If you met with an academic advisor at your high school or academy, then you may already be enrolled in classes. If so, you can view your class schedule on myWWU.

Book an online appointment to register for classes

(800) 558-2132 or (509) 527-2132 or



For questions about JumpStart call (800) 558-2132 or (509) 527-2132 or email

If your first quarter will be either summer or fall, enroll in JumpStart, WWU’s freshmen experience program. JumpStart is offered during the week before fall quarter classes begin. JumpStart registration opens each year in mid-May. Register for JumpStart at

Transfer students:  Register for a one-day session to get you started on the right path at WWU.

Starting in July

For questions about health information, call the Student Life office at (509) 527-2511 or email

Complete the immunization history form

If this step is required, it will be listed in your To Do’s in the Student Center in myWWU. 
Visit the University Clinic webpage to download this form.

Review your health insurance

All undergraduate students and graduate international students taking more than 6 credits must be covered by a health insurance plan. Please make sure that you have coverage throughout your entire education at Walla Walla University.

Fill out the TB screening form

Visit the University Clinic webpage to download this form.

Address and E-mail

WWU Health Clinic
204 S. College Ave.
College Place, WA 99324

Starting mid-August

For questions about financial clearance call (800) 656-2815 or email

Complete your financial clearance to-do items

If you want to sail smoothly through financial clearance, get your holds and to-do items done before starting financial clearance.

You can view your holds and to-do items in either myWWU > Student Center or myWWU > HighPoint.

Complete any remaining items such as loan promissory notes, loan entrance interview or other financial aid forms.

Financial clearance

Financial clearance for fall quarter normally opens in mid-August. For other quarters, financial clearance normally opens a few weeks before the start of the quarter. Watch for an email notification about the date for an opening of financial clearance.

Financial clearance can be done online through myWWU > HighPoint after you have completed your financial clearance holds. Use the Financial Clearance menu option in myWWU.

Need help going through the financial clearance process?
Watch a step-by-step presentation that walks you through it.

4. After arriving on campus.

Finish your holds and to-do items

The secret for getting through registration smoothly is to get your holds and to-do items done. Review your holds and to-do items in either myWWU > Student Center or myWWU > HighPoint. Use HighPoint if you are using a tablet or smartphone.

Make final housing arrangements

Make your final housing arrangements with your residence hall or with Village Housing.

Meet with Admissions Director

Canadian and international students must meet in person with the International Student Liaison during the first week of classes.

Karen Murcia
Director of Admissions

Administration Building, Room 101
204 S College Ave
College Place, WA 99324

(509) 527-2608

Attend JumpStart sessions

If your first quarter of attendance is in the summer or fall, attend JumpStart sessions during the week before classes start in the fall.

If required, get clearance from Academic Administration

Students who were admitted provisionally and returning students who are on academic probation from their previous quarter require clearance from Academic Administration. Make an appointment with the Office of the Associate Academic Dean at (509) 527-2395.

Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Administration
Administration Building, Room 336
204 S College Ave
College Place, WA 99324

See your academic advisor

Refer to your individual JumpStart schedule for the date and time of your appointment with your academic advisor.

You must meet with your academic adviser in order to complete the registration process.

Get your ID card

Get your ID card at the location and time mentioned in your JumpStart schedule. Your ID card will be activated for charging when you complete Registration Finalization — also known as Jumping Einstein.

Finalize your registration

In myWWU > HighPoint select Registration Finalization in the Enrollment menu to start the registration finalization process.

See Jumping Einstein

You know you are finished with registration when you see the graphic of Jumping Einstein™. Once you have seen Jumping Einstein, it takes about 60 minutes for your ID card to be activated for charging at The Express and the University Bookstore.

Register your vehicle

After you are on campus and have received registration finalization for the term, register your vehicle with Campus Security.

Purchase your books

After you have seen Jumping Einstein, purchase your books at the University Bookstore. Use the View quarter Textbooks link in myWWU > Student Center; the system will automatically populate the page with the textbooks that you need for the classes in which you are enrolled.

New students have a special time reserved for them to purchase textbooks from the University Bookstore during the week before fall quarter starts. Watch for announcements of the particular date.

Review the syllabus for each of your classes

Before the first day of classes, review the course syllabus for each of your classes. The course syllabus and homework information is available on Desire2Learn (D2L).

Attend the Welcome Back Bash

The Welcome Back Bash occurs on the Sunday evening before fall quarter classes start. You may check out all the various clubs and sign up online. You must have seen Jumping Einstein before you can sign up for clubs.

Admission Requirements

  • Certified copies of your secondary-level certificate, with English translations if necessary. Provide a transcript evaluation from any NACES member organization (such as SpanTran or WES) for all international transcripts.  Exceptions may be made if your transcripts are from an American-style school with similar curriculum to the USA or where national exam scores are used in place of high school transcripts. Certificate(s) with passing marks is/are required from a four-, five-, or six-year university preparatory school. From British-based systems, five "O"-level subjects in the content areas are required. Certificates must indicate passing scores in government examinations where offered, including:
    • English
    • A natural science.
    • Mathematics.
    • Two others from a second language, science, social studies, literature or religious area of study.
  • Official copy of your academic records (or transcript of marks) from all university-level programs attended. A transcript evaluation from any NACES member organization (such as SpanTran or WES) for all international transcripts will be needed.
  • Official copy of TOEFL/ITEP/IELTS test scores if English is not the student’s first language. A score of 79 or higher is required for the TOEFL, 3.9 or higher for the ITEP, or 6.5 or higher for the IELTS to be admitted.
  • One satisfactory personal reference (no family members, please).