Student Insurance

Walla Walla University believes that insurance is extremely important for all students. All undergraduate and graduate students (including international students) must be covered by a health insurance plan. Students are responsible for obtaining and maintaining their health insurance. The College Place Health Clinic is run by Columbia Health System, so be sure to check your health insurance plan to see if they are in-network providers, or consider other health insurance plans via the links below.

If you do not currently have insurance that provides coverage in Walla Walla, here are resources to assist you in obtaining insurance for the upcoming academic year.

Health Insurance

For residents on our campuses 
Visit these online marketplaces to compare and enroll in health insurance:

For non-Washington US residents
Research your state health insurance exchange and purchase a policy with “out of network” benefits or purchase a “multi-state plan.” More information about health plans and exchanges can be found at

For international students
International students are required to have health and accident insurance. Purchasing health insurance for use in the United States can be overwhelming. Walla Walla University encourages you to carefully review a policy before purchasing and to include medical evacuation and repatriation benefits.

International students who are residents on WWU campuses are eligible to purchase health insurance from the following marketplaces:

Accident Insurance

Excess Student Accident Insurance

Excess Student Accident Insurance Flyer

Walla Walla University covers all registered undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students with excess accident insurance with a $5,000 limit. Students injured while on a WWU campus, in campus-owned housing, or participating in off-campus University-sponsored activities (excluding intercollegiate athletic accidents) may complete a Non-Work-Related Accident/Incident Report form and the A-G Excess Student Accident Claim Form and provide them to Risk & Safety Management for authorization prior to filing a claim and submitting to A-G Administrators.

Intercollegiate Athletic Accident Insurance -  Walla Walla University covers all intercollegiate athletes with accident insurance. Students injured while participating in the University intercollegiate sports program will work with the Athletic Trainer/Coach to complete the A-G Accident Claim Form found at the WWU Athletics website at For additional information on coverage, see the Intercollegiate Athletic Accident Plan and Summary.


Risk and Safety Management
(509) 527-2250

For student accident reporting visit the Risk & Safety Management page on Accident/Incident Reporting