Walla Walla University offers a stimulating and diverse online learning experience. Check the list of course offerings available online at classopen.wallawalla.edu (be sure to filter the results by selecting the "online only" check box).
To access online course content and engage with your classmates and instructor, you will need to be able to run Brightspace by D2L (Walla Walla University’s course management system) and Microsoft Teams (where synchronous class meetings are held) on your computer. While both can be run on a tablet, it’s recommended to use a laptop or desktop for the best experience. Here’s what you’ll need to be able to access these services:
- A high-speed internet connection
- A web browser (Chrome or Firefox works best)
- Speakers, microphone, and webcam
- Intel i5 Processor, 4GB of RAM, 2GB of free disk space (i.e., most modern desktops or laptops will work fine)
- Operating system: Brightspace is compatible with every version of Windows or Mac operating systems—it is recommended that you update to the latest operating system available for your device. Microsoft Teams supports Windows 10 and newer and the latest three versions of macOS. Chromebooks will also work to run both programs (although your experience on Teams will be different because you will use the web app rather than a desktop app).
Christian education is priceless and our aim is to give more people an opportunity to experience Walla Walla University. Be inspired by high-quality faculty dedicated to your success at a top-ranked school. Acquire or improve the skills to further your career from anywhere, even the comfort of your home!