Payer Authorization Tutorial
As a student, if you want your parents or others to be able to see your finances and be able to pay your bills, you must authorize your parents to have this access. This tutorial outlines both the student's and the parent's side of how to do this.
1. The first step for authorizing parents starts with the student. As a student, you already have a payment account on PayWWU. You just need to login at payment.wallawalla.edu using your myWWU credentials.
2. Once you are logged into your student account, go to
Account > Authorized Payers
and you can add any number of authorized payers by entering their first name, last name, and email address.
3. Once you have added the authorized payer, you will be notified that an email was sent. If the payer cannot find the email, make sure they check their other folders. This is all you have to do to add a payer. If you decide you don't want that payer anymore, you can delete them by clicking the red trash bin on the right of their information.
4. As a parent or other authorized payer, follow these steps to finish authorization. Once your student has authorized you, the WWU payment system will send out the email within a minute or two. If you don’t receive the authorization verification email within a few minutes, please check the following:
- Junk or Spam folder
- Clutter folder
- Check to ensure that you are still receiving emails.
If you still don’t find it, check with your student to ensure that he or she entered the correct email address. The email you receive will look similar to the one shown below. If you already have an account in the payment system, the "Set Password" button will say "Sign In" instead. The email shown is for an email that does not have an account with the payment system yet.
5. The next step is to either login or make an account. The link your email will take you to a page where you can set up your password, or it will take you to a page where you can login to your account.
6. After you login, you will be able to see a list of the students who you are an authorized payer for, and you can select the student you would like to pay for. You can also pay to another student's account using their ID number and last name.
Benefits to becoming an authorized payer:
1. You can see the amount due, the current balance, and the statement balance to a student's account when you go to make a payment.
2. Having an account means you can save payment methods to avoid having to enter your card information every time you want to pay. You can do this as you make a payment, by clicking remember payment method, or by going to
Account > Payment Methods
and clicking "Add Payment Method."
3. Having an account also means you can keep track of your payment history.
4. Being an authorized payer allows you to see all of the transactions on your students account. These can be filtered by account type, or term.
5. You can see the statements and download them.