Walla Walla University will hold a combined Homecoming Weekend 2020 and 2021 fully online April 22 to 25.
This year’s theme, Mosaic Moments, will celebrate the 100th birthday of Village Hall, 60 years of student missions, 50 years of art majors and minors, and the 10th anniversary of The Atlas. We will also celebrate the classes that have milestone graduation anniversaries in both 2020 and 2021, as well as Alumni of the Year for both 2020 and 2021. Alumni may send messages of congratulations to Alumni of the Year and those messages will be delivered to the honoree and shared on the homecoming web page at wallawalla.edu/homecoming.
“Alumni will have the opportunity to connect with fellow alumni and the university in real time and enjoy many other opportunities from the comfort of their home,” said Claudia Santellano, director for alumni and parent relations. “The in-person experience at homecoming is irreplaceable. We so very much wish we could be in person. Until we can be in person again, this year’s programming has been designed with all of our alumni in mind—from the 1936 alumnus to the most recent alumni in the class of 2020—we hope at least one event will appeal to each class.”
Reunions for honor year classes will be held virtually and hosted by class presidents or other representatives. Virtual reunions will also be held by the Student Missions office and a variety of academic departments.
Events open to all will include:
• Friday, April 23—In-person Eugene Winter Golf Classic. Register at wallawalla.edu/golf.
• Friday, April 23, 7 p.m.—Vespers.
• Saturday, April 24, 11:40 a.m.—Virtual University Church service.
• Saturday, April 24, 7 p.m.—Virtual Evensong.
• Throughout the weekend—Fun Run. Find details at wallawalla.edu/homecoming. Use #MosaicMoments to share Fun Run stories and photos on social media or send photos via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, graduation year or years attended, and 5K finish time.
• Throughout the weekend—Car show. Find details at wallawalla.edu/homecoming.
• Throughout the weekend—Sign the guestbook, share and read memories of Village Hall and student missions experiences, and view the online art show.
Register for the weekend and learn more at wallawalla.edu/homecoming.
Use #MosaicMoments to share your WWU photos and stories on social media or send photos via email to email@example.com. Please include your name, graduation year or years attended.
A special homecoming website will be unveiled on Thursday, April 22, at wallawalla.edu/homecoming.
Posted April 12, 2021