Your Student Account

How to make a payment


Pay by e-Check or credit card at

By mail

WWU Accounting Office
204 S. College Avenue
College Place, WA 99324

By phone

Accounting Office
(509) 527-2912

Itemized statements giving an account of the previous month's expenses are issued each month.  Fixed expenses - tuition, required fees, cafeteria meal plan, and room rent - for the quarter are charged at the beginning of each quarter. Variable expenses - including additional cafeteria, bookstore, and other charges - are billed as they are incurred. All enrolled students receive copies of their statements each month. Students may request that a copy be mailed to a third party, such as a parent.

In addition to cash and checks, Walla Walla University accepts Discover® MasterCard®, and VISA® credit cards for payment of accounts. These payments may be made in person, by telephone, by mail, or over the Internet.

Checks or money orders should be made payable to Walla Walla University and sent to:
WWU Accounting Office
204 South College Avenue
College Place, WA 99324

Personal Checks submitted for any tuition, fees, books, or other charges should have the student's full name and ID number written on the face of the check. Personal checks arriving without this information will have the student's ID number written on them by WWU personnel. Should the payer prefer not to have the student's ID number written on their personal check, payment should be submitted by cashier's check, money order, credit card, or cash (in person only at the Accounting Office).

Students wishing to have funds electronically transferred to Walla Walla University should contact Eric James in the Accounting Office at (509) 527-2312.

Walla Walla University's website can be used to make e-Check payments, credit card payments, and non-US currency bank transfers through Western Union. These internet payments may be made online

All international credit card payments will require an AVS score of 4 to be processed. This requires an exact match of cardholder's name as it appears on the card and the complete address on file with that credit card company. Any credit card submission receiving a score less than 4 will not be processed and the applicant will receive notification of the rejected payment via e-mail the next business day from the WWU Accounting Office.

Payments received via the Internet are processed prior to 3 p.m. each business day.  Payments received after 3 p.m. are processed the next business day.

Walla Walla University delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.  Please visit the links below for more information.


If you have financial aid funds that exceed the charges on your WWU student account at the time of disbursement, you will receive a refund, which may be used to pay other educationally related expenses. (Note that if subsequent charges are made to your account, you are responsible for paying them. You can always view your student account by going to myWWU.) 

WWU delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Learn how BankMobile works.

WWU recommends that students choose either paper check or direct deposit to avoid incurring any fees. 

Credit balance refunds are available after financial aid disburses to the student accounts during the third week of the quarter.

Submit a Student Credit Balance Refund Form

A finance charge will be imposed on each item of a student's account that has not been paid by the statement due date. The finance charge is computed at the rate of one percent per month, or an annual percentage rate of 12%.

The past due balance is computed by taking the statement's due and subtracting any payments, credits, or financial aid received by the statement due date. A grace period may be given until the end of the month, at the University's discretion. The remaining balance owing, if any, is multiplied by one percent to obtain the periodic finance charge.  The minimum finance charge is $1.

For information on the summer school program and on tuition, fees, and expenses special to summer school students, see the WWU Summer Class Schedule. 

Students needing financial aid for summer quarter should contact the Financial Aid Office as soon as they know how many credits they plan to take.

By action of the Board of Trustees of the University, a diploma or transcript (official or unofficial) may not be released until the following criteria are met:

  • The student's account is paid in full.
  • The student has paid only short-term loans cosigned by WWU.
  • The student's Perkins, Nursing, and Institutional loans are current.
  • The student's loan exit interviews are complete (Diploma only).

To expedite the release of transcripts, diplomas, and other legal documents, a money order, credit card payment, or certified check should be sent to cover the balance of the student's account. Requests for transcripts must be made in writing, signed by the student, and either faxed or mailed to the Academic Records Office.

When transcripts are requested online, an electronic copy costs $8, and a mailed paper copy costs $10. For transcripts requested by hard copy, the cost is $15 for a mailed paper copy.