Private Education Loans

Private education loans are available from a variety of lenders and banks to help students cover the gap between the cost of attending Walla Walla University and the amount of other financial aid received.  Always consider your lowest-cost options first by applying for federal, state and institutional financial aid.  See: How to Apply.  If you would like to discuss the federal, state, and institutional student financial aid available to you, call us or stop by for a visit .

You may choose any private education lender you wish.  To assist in your search, we provide a list of lenders that Walla Walla University Students have borrowed from in the past three years.


Phone Number

Citizens One

(888) 333-0256

College Ave

(844) 422-7502


(800) 975-7812

Custom Choice (Funded by Citizens Bank)

(866) 232-3889


(877) 728-3030


(888) 601-2801

GESA Credit Union

(877) 308-7868


(888) 549-9050

Lincoln SDA Credit Union

(844) 884-8714

Sallie Mae

(877) 279-7172


(855) 456-7634

Process of applying:

1. Research your private education lender options.  Pay close attention to the terms and conditions of the loans.

2. Once you’ve made a decision, apply for the loan on the lender’s website. Indicate that you are attending Walla Walla University.  Our school code is 00379900.

3. Submit any follow up documentation required by your lender.  For example, promissory note, Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification Form, disclosure notices, etc.

4. If applying with a co-signer, make sure the co-signer submits all of the required documentation.

5. When the loan is fully approved, your lender will notify the Student Loan Office of your approved loan.  We will certify the loan and add it to your Financial Aid Award Letter.  The amount we can certify cannot exceed your cost of attendance minus other financial aid you are receiving. If you request a larger loan than we are allowed to certify, we may be required to reduce it down to an allowable amount.  Contact us if you have education expenses that exceed the standard cost of attendance.

6. Loans typically disburse in 3 equal disbursements to your student account in the same manner your other financial aid disburses.  If you need your loan to be disbursed in unequal disbursements, please contact us ahead of time.