Every business major completes an internship as a graduation requirement. This practical, hands-on work strengthens resumes, confirms career interests, and often leads to full-time employment. Most internships are well paid. Students can earn up to four units of academic credit. A majority of internships are completed in the summer but some occur during the school year. Internships are available in accounting, finance, information systems, law, management, marketing, and general business operations at a variety of organizations, including large corporations, small businesses, federal/state governments, hospitals, and other nonprofits.
- Internship Instructions: Step-by-step guidelines that should be read and followed carefully.
- Internship Pre-Approval Form (online form): Due before internship registration to ensure it will qualify.
- Internship Registration: Make an appointment for a short meeting with either Heidi or Darel in the Student Development Center. Then register via Handshake. Note that financial clearance is required in order to finalize registration.
- Learning Objectives Form (Word file): Due no later than two weeks from the internship start date.
- Weekly Progress Report (Excel file): Due at 60 hours and 120 hours of documented experience.
- Self-Evaluation Form (Word file): Due at end of internship.
- Employer Evaluation: Done mid-term and at the end via Handshake and facilitated by the Student Development Center
- Petition to Waive Internship Requirement Due to COVID-19 (Word file): May apply to seniors whose internships were canceled.
Questions? Contact Dr. Toews, Associate Dean, and Faculty Advisor for all business-related internships.
Need help finding an internship? The School of Business notifies students regularly via email of the internship opportunities available and the internship interviews scheduled. In addition, students can receive help from the Student Development Center (lower level of Village Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, (509) 527-2313), either by completing an Internship Interest Form or by contacting the SDC. For a current list of internship opportunities through the SDC, see national internships, regional internships, and local internships.