Enactus [go here for homepage]
Enactus is a community of students, faculty, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to enable human progress. In Enactus, students use business concepts to develop entrepreneurial projects that transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world. Originally founded in 1975 as SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise), today Enactus has grown beyond the U.S. to encompass 36 countries around the globe.
The Walla Walla University Enactus Chapter is part of an international organization that connects students and leaders through entrepreneurial-based projects. These projects empower people to transform opportunities into real, sustainable progress for themselves and their communities. We aspire to bring like-minded individuals together to meet the vision/mission of Enactus as well as the WWU core themes of excellence in thought, generosity in service, beauty in expression, and faith in God.
Over the past two decades, the WWU Chapter has won a number of awards in regional and national competitions; but more importantly, we continue to engage in innovative projects that impact social enterprise and create a better world.
For more information, contact the sponsor, Professor Perez.
The Business Club continues to be the most popular club on campus. On average, the Club includes one third of the total undergraduate population. The Business Club organizes events like:
- Pizza feeds, barbeques, and exclusive restaurant meals
- Worm Ranch burritos during Review Week (worms not included)
- Tours of well-known businesses in the Northwest
- Guest speakers in successful business and entrepreneurial activities
- Ski and white-water rafting trips to top Northwest destinations
- High-stake mid-night bowling competitions and Go-Kart racing
For more information about Business Club activities, contact the sponsor, Dr. Attoh.
Student Advisory Council (SAC)
The SAC is a student group selected to advise the School of Business Dean on issues such as curriculum, policies, technology, facilities, student events, outreach, and departmental ethos & morale.
The Associate Students of Walla Walla University (ASWWU) also provides a rich array of opportunities for social and professional activities. Many of the officers of ASWWU are business students who practice their leadership skills running an organization with over 100 employees and a half-million-dollar budget.
Other opportunities to get involved and to network with community professionals.
- LaunchU CoLab: Student teams compete in a Shark-Tank like entrepreneurial contest with $10,000+ of prize money awarded and judged by experienced entrepreneurs.
- Pitch it: Students participate in a community competition for the best entrepreneurial project idea and plan.
- Colloquiums: In our guest lecture series, business, community, and thought leaders share their expertise and stories from the real world.