Technical Support Services provides routine maintenance, repair, and calibration of academic equipment in laboratories across campus. TSS also cleans/replaces projector filters across campus each summer and replaces bulbs in overhead projectors. Examples of maintenance work done by TSS in various departments:
- Biology - microscopes are repaired, calibrated, lubricated, and cleaned each year. Scales, centrifuges, freezers, chillers for lobster tanks, incubators, and shakers are examples of equipment that periodically need maintenance and repair.
- Communication and languages - audio and video equipment maintenance.
- Engineering - Lab equipment in the Circuits lab, Digital lab, Analog lab, EMEC lab, Materials lab, Fluids lab is checked and calibrated each year.
- Library - projector maintenance and repair.
- Music - audio equipment in the choir room, auditorium, and various classrooms
- WEC - speaker, projector, and screen maintenance in the gymnasium and various classrooms.
- Ad building - bell ringer maintenance.
With the use of the machine shop and electronics shop, TSS designs and fabricates lab apparatuses for instructional purposes for academic departments. For example:
- Biology - respirometers, electrospinning apparatus, kreisel tank
- Engineering - steel test bars are fabricated for the Structures lab tension test. Charpy test bars are fabricated for the Materials lab. Batteries are maintained for the Surveying class. Students receive assistance with their senior projects.
Submit a TSS work order request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the work that needs to be done.
(509) 520-9900 (cell)
Assistance with myWWU, email, or other general computing issues, smart classrooms or Brightspace.