What it means to work at Walla Walla University...
Excellence in Thought
Providing rigorous academic programs at Walla Walla University starts with the excellent instruction and thoughtful support from university employees. Our work environments will challenge you to perform your very best while providing a supportive, respectful atmosphere.
Generosity in Service
Compassion for others translates beyond an expressed service ethic into daily action in support of students, fellow employees, and local and global communities. Our team aspires to serve our campuses and each other with grace and intention.
Beauty in Expression
Walla Walla University is a vibrant campus community with a plethora of opportunities to discover and participate in beauty, from music concerts and notable visiting speakers to community service days and iconic Pacific Northwest outdoor activities.
Faith in God
At the core of our mission is the unique call to provide excellent education in an environment that fosters our sincerely held religious beliefs. Through the programs and environment, WWU enables faculty, staff, and students to grow in a spiritual walk with God with support from others.
Dedicated to Diversity
We believe every person is created in the image of God as a being of inestimable value and worth. This belief leads us to oppose barriers that separate people from opportunities. We strive to provide every employee a safe environment and an atmosphere of inclusion in harmony with the mission of Walla Walla University.
Blue Zones Project Approved
About one-third of our waking hours are spent at work—and fewer jobs today require moderate physical activity, a percentage that has fallen from 50 percent in 1960 to 20 percent currently.
As a Blue Zone Project Approved Worksite, we invest in the health of our employees and are dedicated to inspire, encourage, and promote well-being within our organization so employees and students are more socially connected and equipped to positively impact one another and the entire community.
Walla Walla University is proud to offer its employees valuable and comprehensive benefit packages, including two health plan options to meet their specific needs.
Our employees receive:
- A 403(b) retirement plan with up to 8% employer-paid contributions.
- Two options of comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and alternative care insurance plans, including an employer-funded Health Savings Account.
- An Employee Wellness Program, offering deep discounts on medical premiums.
- An Employee Assistance Program providing up to 6 free virtual or in-person counseling sessions.
- Employer-provide life insurance, long-term disability income replacement insurance, personal accident insurance, and personal international travel insurance reimbursement.
- Free tuition for employees and their spouses.
- Tuition Assistance for dependents.
- 11 paid holidays per year.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick, bereavement, and parental leave.
- Free access to our athletic complex for employees and membership options for their immediate family to our fitness center, pool, rock-climbing wall, racquetball and pickleball courts, and more.
- Spiritual and professional development opportunities.
“Employees here, both faculty and staff, are just honestly nice people I could work other places, but I can’t imagine enjoying them half as much as I enjoy working at WWU.”
Co-Administrative Assistant, School of Theology
“Collaboration and trust...even though never perfect, it is the reason why WWU as an organic and healthy organization thrives."
“One of my favorite parts of working at Walla Walla University is the tight-knit community. I love being able to connect and collaborate with others on campus!”
Creative Manager, Marketing and University Relations
“I’m an old-ish man who gets paid to spend time with great young people, discussing things that really matter. It’s hard to think of a better, more fulfilling job than that!”
Professor of Theology