Benefits and Perks
Walla Walla University is proud to offer its employees valuable and comprehensive benefit packages, including two different health plan options to meet your specific needs. For your information, please feel free to review the resources below. If you have questions related to WWU benefits, you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates for 2022-23
- Columbia Sportswear Employee Store has extended an invitation to all WWU employees (including student employees) to shop their Portland location between March 17 - April 9, 2023 for up to 50% off products by SOREL, Mountain Hardwear, prAna, and Columbia Sportswear. This offer is valid for any employee and up to four guests. For details download the Columbia Sportswear Invitation.
- Interested in Medicare? Alliant Medicare Solution is a free concierge service of licensed insurance agents who can explain your options and/or help you enroll and is available to you or anyone in your family. Schedule an appointment here, or call (877) 203-2728. If you are nearing age 65 or older, you may want to review Medicare options each year in order to avoid penalties and determine the best plan for you. Depending on your needs, you may even find better coverage at a lower premium than your employer-provider health insurance. Medicare can also be utilized as a secondary insurance to your employer-provided insurance to drive down your costs.
- WA State has passed a new long-term care trust act and funded by payroll tax, called WA Cares. This long-term care program is mandatory for all W-2 employees with a WA work location. Pending further legislation, premiums may begin in July 2023 and will be .58% of an employee's income with no income cap. To learn more about this program, visit WACaresFund.wa.gov.
- There is a one-time opportunity for employees to permanently opt-out of this program with evidence of an individual long-term care policy in effect by 11/1/2021. To learn more about an exemption and apply, visit: http://www.wacaresfund.wa.gov/private-insurance/. For detailed instructions on how to apply for an exemption, click here.
- For further questions, contact email@example.com
- We understand the COVID pandemic may be causing additional stress to your lives. To learn more about our mental health resources, visit our COVID-19 Employee Resources.
Alliant Benefit Advocates are here to help you!
Virtual Care Options through Premera:
- 24-Hour NurseLine (FREE): Call 800-841-8343 to discuss your symptoms and get advice on where to go for care.
- 98Point6 App (FREE for Copay Plan and discounted for HDHP members): Download 98point6 to talk to a board-certified primary care physician 24/7.
- DoctorOnDemand (subject to $35 copay or HDHP deductible and coinsurance): Doctors provides virtual urgent care, behavioral health, preventative health, and chronic care 24/7. Visit doctorondemand.com/premera to learn more.
- Physera (subject to $35 copay or HDHP deductible and coinsurance): Direct access to a licensed physical therapist from your smartphone or tablet. Visit physera.com/premera to learn more.
- Talkspace (subject to $35 copay, or HDHP deductible and coinsurance): Online therapy with a licensed clinician via private message or live video. Visit talkspace.com/premera to learn more.
Premera Blue Cross Medical/Prescription/Alternative Care
Delta Dental of WA
Vision Plan Services (VSP)
Select "Heritage" Network
Select "Delta Dental PPO" plan
- Access your HSA, as well as arrange reimbursements, request paperless statements, set up direct deposit, and invest your funds by logging into Premera.com. Once you are logged in, scroll down and click: View your Personal Funding Account.
- Update your HSA elections any time by completing a HSA Deduction Authorization Form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under the HDHP, all preventative drugs are covered at 100%. Review the HDHP Core Drug List.
- Consider utilizing prescription discount companies like GoodRx.com or SingleCare.com when comparing costs and filling prescriptions.
Long-Term Care Insurance through LifeSecure
University Assembly Long-Term Care Presentation
Contact Diane Steeves at 503-781-0142 for detailed information.
Short-term Travel Insurance Application - Personal Travel - Complete at least 24 hours prior to your departure.
Full-time, permanent WWU employees and their family members, who are covered under the employee health plan, are eligible for University provided Short-term Travel Insurance. Spouses and dependents who are not covered by the employee health plan may purchase the Short-term Travel Insurance when traveling with the qualifying employee.
Basic Leave Entitlement FMLA requires covered employers to provide up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for the following reasons:
- for incapacity due to pregnancy, prenatal medical care or child birth;
- to care for the employee’s child after birth, or placement for adoption or foster care;
- to care for the employee’s spouse, son, daughter or parent, who has a serious health condition; or
- for a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the employee’s job.
There are times when everyone needs a little help or advice. An enhanced Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through SupportLinc can help you with things like stress, anxiety, depression, chemical dependency, relationship issues, legal issues, parenting questions, financial counseling, and dependent care resources. Best of all, it's free for both employees and their families! Help is available by a licensed counselor 24/7, 365 days a year by phone at 1-888-881-5462. Other resource tools, such as podcasts, articles and videos are available online at www.supportlinc.com or by downloading the app: eConnect Mobil App.
Learn more about these free services in this introductory letter from SupportLinc.