The Thailand Outreach and Cultural Trip is back! After a few years off due to travel restrictions, Dr. Peditro Maynard-Reid is leading a group trip that has become an annual tradition and opportunity to continue long-standing relationships built over many generations of Walla Walla University students.
Service projects include:
- English Camp at the McGovern Elementary School
- Community nursing
- Community health in surrounding towns and villages
- Fruit and vegetable farm assistance to an invalid Thai farmer
- Branch Sabbath School
- Work at Bamboo School in Kanchanaburi
Cultural projects include:
- Visiting Buddhist temples and interacting with and understanding religious culture
- Touring historical sites, both urban and rural
- Touring national parks
- Interacting and learning from local people, both in the academic setting and in towns and villages
- Weekend on Koh Samed Island
For more information contact Pedrito Maynard-Reid.