Community Impact Certificate
The Community Impact Certificate is designed to provide students with a transformative complement to their chosen academic education at Walla Walla University, impacting them personally and professionally by:
- Exposing them to new ideas about culture and society, and their place in it;
- Engaging them in real-world projects and experiences that demand skillful leadership, hard work, and diplomacy;
- Challenging them to think critically about responsible development and community impact practices;
- Connecting them with resources that help them build industry connections and experience;
- Developing their cross-cultural communications skills.
- Help them develop the skills to assess communities’ needs and develop strategies to respond to those needs.
This program aims to engage all of its students deeply, fostering a focused community that actively learns, grows and serves together. When the requirements for the emphasis are met, they will receive a certificate on their transcript and diploma that can be seen as representing a degree of expertise in preparing them for humanitarian careers.
Curricular Components (Total of 18-20 credits for completion)
For more information, contact email@example.com