School of Theology
The department offers three bachelor of arts degrees and two minors. Contact Academic Advisement if you have questions: (509) 517-2132.
Goals and Objectives
Our goals for School of Theology students
- To find purpose in this life and direction into the future.
- To experience Christian growth and develop spiritually.
- To settle for nothing less than the best in their preparation for service.
- To gain a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures.
- To relate a Biblically-based religious life to the needs and problems of contemporary life and society.
- To know, understand, and be able to communicate the Seventh-day Adventist message and heritage.
- To become prepared and motivated to take an active part in the life and leadership of the church both during the educational process and into the future.
- To experience, for those students planning on subsequent pastoral internship and seminary education, the first phase of professional preparation.
- To expect and benefit from the School of Theology's assistance in the evaluation of majors and their placement into positions of service.
- To become active participants in IXTHUS, the campus Theology Club.
Purpose of advisement program
- To provide for helpful teacher/student relationships throughout the entire program.
- To provide assistance in personal, spiritual, social, career, and academic matters.
- To gather, interpret, and evaluate data in cooperation with students that will assist conference presidents and others in the selection of graduates for employment.
Religion Major (Bachelor of Arts)
See course requirements for Religion Majors (B.A.)
View a suggested course plan Religion Majors
Theology Major (Bachelor of Arts)
See course requirements for Theology Majors (B.A.)
View a suggested course plan for Theology Majors
Biblical Languages Major (Bachelor of Arts)
See course requirements for Biblical Languages Majors
View a suggested course plan for Biblical Languages Majors
Biblical Languages Minor
See course requirements for Biblical Languages Minors