Contact info and brief biography
Our faculty are committed to maintaining a high degree of competence in their specialties and also to helping students develop the ability to think critically, independently, and creatively. They foster a learning environment of mutual support and cooperation in the context of a Christian worldview.
- PhD University of Wisconsin-Madison; Specialized in Analytical Chemistry
General Chemistry and General Chemistry Laboratory, Analytical Chemistry and Physical Chemistry
Bread baking, metal work and archery
- PhD University of Florida; Organic Chemistry
- BS Southern Adventist University; Chemistry
Introductory Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Laboratories, Organometallics and Organic Structural Problems
Synthesis of organometallic catalysts and study of organic mechanisms
- PhD University of British Columbia; specialized in bio-organic chemistry with an emphasis in natural products/drug discovery
- M.S. Walla Walla University; Biology with an emphasis in rodent ecology
Biochemistry, General Chemistry, Introductory Chemistry, Integrated Chemistry Laboratory and Chemistry Seminar
Camping, Hiking, Canyoneering, Photography and Reading
- PhD Louisiana State University
- Synthesis and characterization of B12model complexes and the study of their potential use in the targeted delivery of therapeutic and diagnostic metal compounds
- Design of ligands for the chelation of metals, particularly cobalt, rhenium and platinum
- MSc University of Southern Mississippi
- Synthesis and characterization of novel vanadium(IV) complexes and the study of their potential use as cancer therapeutic agents.
- Development of a viable mechanism for the fate of the products obtained upon aerial oxidation of novel vanadium(IV) complexes.
General Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry
- Development of new methods for the synthesis of metal compounds
- Knowledge in the characterization of metal compounds by using FT IR, UV-Visible, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism, 1D and 2D 1H and 13C NMR Spectroscopies, ESI and MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry, and Cyclic and Square Wave Voltammetry
Hiking, camping, swimming
- TA Scholar Award presented by the Department of Chemistry (Louisiana State University) in recognition of outstanding services as a teaching assistant.
- The Metro New York Chapter graduate student award for the application of precious metals to Medical Research awarded by the International Precious Metal Institute, Inc.
- Certificate of academic leadership awarded by the American Afro Association of the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Certificate of Excellence for outstanding performance in Analytical Chemistry awarded by the University of the West Indies.
- Certificate of academic excellence awarded by the University of the West Indies.