Contact info and brief biography
Our faculty are committed to maintaining a high degree of competence in their specialties and also to helping students develop the ability to think critically, independently, and creatively. They foster a learning environment of mutual support and cooperation in the context of a Christian worldview.
- PhD University of British Columbia; specialized in bio-organic chemistry with an emphasis in natural products/drug discovery
- M.S. Walla Walla University; Biology with an emphasis in rodent ecology
Biochemistry, General Chemistry, Survey of Chemistry, Integrated Chemistry Laboratory and Chemistry Seminar
Camping, Hiking, Canyoneering, Photography and Reading
- PhD University of Florida; Organic Chemistry
- BS Southern Adventist University; Chemistry
Survey of Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Laboratories, Organometallics and Organic Structural Problems
Synthesis of organometallic catalysts and study of organic mechanisms
2019 recipient of the Walla Walla University Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching
- PhD Louisiana State University
- Synthesis and characterization of B12model complexes and the study of their potential use in the targeted delivery of therapeutic and diagnostic metal compounds
- Design of ligands for the chelation of metals, particularly cobalt, rhenium and platinum
- MSc University of Southern Mississippi
- Synthesis and characterization of novel vanadium(IV) complexes and the study of their potential use as cancer therapeutic agents.
- Development of a viable mechanism for the fate of the products obtained upon aerial oxidation of novel vanadium(IV) complexes.
General Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Integrated Chemistry Laboratory
- Development of new methods for the synthesis of metal compounds
- Knowledge in the characterization of metal compounds by using FT IR, UV-Visible, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism, 1D and 2D 1H and 13C NMR Spectroscopies, ESI and MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry, and Cyclic and Square Wave Voltammetry
Hiking, camping, swimming
- TA Scholar Award presented by the Department of Chemistry (Louisiana State University) in recognition of outstanding services as a teaching assistant.
- The Metro New York Chapter graduate student award for the application of precious metals to Medical Research awarded by the International Precious Metal Institute, Inc.
- Certificate of academic leadership awarded by the American Afro Association of the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Certificate of Excellence for outstanding performance in Analytical Chemistry awarded by the University of the West Indies.
- Certificate of academic excellence awarded by the University of the West Indies.
- PhD University of Nebraska; Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Recombinant human plasma clotting Protein Purification and Characterization for the fabrication of fibrin sealants.
- Liquid Chromatography using size exclusion, cation, anion and affinity resins for protein purification. Including recombinant human Factor IX (to treat hemophilia B), Factor XIII (hemostatic agent) and Fibrinogen
- Application of fibrinogen and fibronectin as hemostatic and angeogenic agent in wound healing experiments.
- MSc University of Nebraska; Chemical Engineering
- Bioreactor design and process optimization for the HIV inhibitor 5P12-RANTES in the yeast Pichia pastoris.
- Application of response surface methodology and central composite design for the design of experiments (DOE).
- BS Universidad Nacional del Centro del Peru; Chemical Engineering
Physical Chemistry, Integrated Chemistry Laboratory, General Chemistry
- Research Scientist: Pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and process development facility at University of Nebraska. Process development and GMP production facility for biotech companies (Johnson-Johnson, Amgen, Boehringer Ingelheim, Agenus) and government institutions (NIH, DOD).
- Metallurgist Process Engineer at Casapalca Mining Cia.
- Plasma proteins purification for fibrin sealants. Fibrinogen, fibronectin, factor XIII, factor IX characterization, interactions, and clotting optimization.
- Bioreactor design for microbial protein expression. Protein purification by liquid chromatography.
- Bioreactor design (Stirred tank, wave, hollow fiber, packed bed) for cell culture (CD4+ T cell therapy) and cell isolation recovery.
- Cell mass, optical density and oxygen mass transfer biosensors.
Soccer, swimming, cycling, guitar, board games, family