Contact info and brief biography
Our faculty are committed to maintaining a high degree of competence in their specialties and also to helping students develop the ability to think critically, independently, and creatively. They foster a learning environment of mutual support and cooperation in the context of a Christian worldview.
Current teaching areas: General Chemistry and General Chemistry Laboratory, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry
Education: Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison. Specializing in analytical chemistry.
Interests: Bread baking, metal work, archery
Current Teaching Areas: Introductory Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Laboratories, Organometallics, and Organic Structural Problems
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Organic Chemistry – University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemistry – Southern Adventist University
Research Interests: Synthesis of organometallic catalysts, Study of organic mechanisms
Current teaching areas: Biochemistry, General Chemistry, Introductory Chemistry, Integrated Chemistry Laboratory, Chemistry Seminar.
- Ph.D., The University of British Columbia. Specializing in bio-organic chemistry with an emphasis in natural products/drug discovery.
- M.S., Walla Walla University. Biology, with an emphasis in rodent ecology.
Interests: Camping, Hiking, Canyoneering, Photography, Reading
Current teaching areas: General Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD),Louisiana State University
- Synthesis and characterization of B12model complexes and the study of their potential use in the targeted delivery of therapeutic and diagnostic metal compounds.
- Design of ligands for the chelation of metals, particularly cobalt, rhenium and platinum.
- Masters of Science (MSc), University of Southern Mississippi
- Synthesis and characterization of novel vanadium(IV) complexes and the study of their potential use as cancer therapeutic agents.
- Development of a viable mechanism for the fate of the products obtained upon aerial oxidation of novel vanadium(IV) complexes.
- TA Scholar Award presented by the Department of Chemistry (Louisiana State University) in recognition of outstanding services as a teaching assistant.
- The Metro New York Chapter graduate student award for the application of precious metals to Medical Research awarded by the International Precious Metal Institute, Inc.
- Certificate of academic leadership awarded by the American Afro Association of the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Certificate of Excellence for outstanding performance in Analytical Chemistry awarded by the University of the West Indies.
- Certificate of academic excellence awarded by the University of the West Indies.
Professional experience and certifications:
- Development of new methods for the synthesis of metal compounds.
- Knowledge in the characterization of metal compounds by using FT IR, UV-Visible, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism, 1D and 2D 1H and 13C NMR Spectroscopies, ESI and MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry, and Cyclic and Square Wave Voltammetry.
Interests: Hiking, camping, swimming