Contact info and brief biography
Our faculty are committed to maintaining a high degree of competence in their specialties and also to helping students develop the ability to think critically, independently, and creatively. They foster a learning environment of mutual support and cooperation in the context of a Christian worldview.
- PhD University of British Columbia; specialized in bio-organic chemistry with an emphasis in natural products/drug discovery
- M.S. Walla Walla University; Biology with an emphasis in rodent ecology
- BS Andrews University; Chemistry
Biochemistry, General Chemistry, Survey of Chemistry, Integrated Chemistry Laboratory and Communicating Chemistry
Metabolism, Chemical Ecology, and Chemical Education.
Camping, Hiking, Canyoneering, Photography and Reading
2021 Walla Walla University Excellence in Advising Award
- PhD University of Florida; Organic Chemistry
- BS Southern Adventist University; Chemistry
Survey of Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Laboratories, Organometallics and Organic Structural Problems
Synthesis of organometallic catalysts and study of organic mechanisms
2019 recipient of the Walla Walla University Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching
- PhD Texas A&M University; Chemistry with a research focus on in redox titrations of nickel-hydrogenase and an understanding of other metalloenyzmes.
- BS Southwestern Adventist University; Chemistry
- Survey of Chemistry, General Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioethics, and many other undergraduate chemistry courses.
- Extensive academic advising for Biology, Chemistry, and many pre-professional healthcare careers
- Thomas & Violet Zapara Excellence in Teaching Award (1998)
- President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching Innovation (2018)
- Computer games, Reading (Fantasy/Science Fiction)