In addition to university accreditation by NWCCU and AAA, WWU has special business program accreditation by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP) to offer the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree and Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees (Major in Business Administration). ACBSP is a recognized international leader in mission-based accreditation with a focus on teaching excellence. In 1997, we were the first business program in the denomination to obtain special business accreditation. In a nutshell, accreditation means that:
- Our program meets rigorous standards so students can be assured of receiving a quality education.
- The accredited degrees are more recognized nationally and internationally, and credits are more easily transferable (which is especially important for those going to graduate schools).
- The business education covers the knowledge and skills needed to compete in today's marketplace.
- Students can become lifetime members of Delta Mu Delta, an honor society, which recognizes academic excellence.
- Students can apply for scholarships available for accredited programs.
- Some professional certifications require accredited degrees.