New Faculty Orientation
Dear New Faculty,
Welcome to WWU! We look forward to spending time together at our New Faculty Orientation. New Faculty Orientation is designed to introduce you to campus culture, leading academic administrators, and to acquaint you with the resources available to support you.
New faculty members at WWU are asked to attend several required orientations in their transition to teaching at WWU.
1. Benefits orientation through Human Resources (HR) within the first few days of appointment start date. Please contact HR at (509) 527-2820 to schedule yours and for questions about benefits.
2. Risk and Safety Management orientation through Risk and Safety Management. Risk and Safety Management will be in touch directly with you as to the date you are to attend an orientation with their office.
3. New Faculty Orientation will be held September 12, 2023, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Please contact Academic Administration (509) 527-2431 if you have questions about this orientation.
4. Meetings in the department with relevant staff to get oriented to department and school-specific processes. Please contact your department chair with questions about departmental meetings.
5. Best Practices Series consist of monthly meetings scheduled around your teaching schedule. Contact Academic Administration (509) 527-2431 with questions about Best Practices Series.