Ethics in Research Committee
Walla Walla University is dedicated to the protection of human participants in all research conducted by faculty, staff and students. This dedication includes the protection of the right to privacy, the protection of confidentiality, the protection of informed consent, and the protection from physical, psychological, spiritual, and social harm for any individual or group participating in qualified research.
The aim of the Ethics in Research Committee (EIRC) is to ensure the protection of the rights of human subjects participating in research project conducted by WWU faculty, staff, and students. This is accomplished through the review and approval process of all research activities that involves the use of human subjects.
Committee Chair: Dr. Jonathan Duncan
Policies and procedures
- EIRC Policy (PDF download)
- Research Decision Flowchart (PDF download)
- Procedures Diagram (PDF download)
Forms and applications
- Application for Use of Human Subjects in Research (PDF download)
- Application for Use of Human Subjects in Research (Word download)
- Annual EIRC form (PDF download)
- EIRC Student Research and Class Projects form (PDF download)
- Informed Consent template (DOC download)
- Child Assent template (DOC download)
- Child Consent template (DOC download)