What it means to work at Walla Walla University...
Excellence in Thought
Providing rigorous academic programs at Walla Walla University starts with the excellent instruction and thoughtful support from university employees. Our work environments will challenge you to perform your very best while providing a supportive, respectful atmosphere.
Generosity in Service
Compassion for others translates beyond an expressed service ethic into daily action in support of students, fellow employees, and local and global communities. Our team aspires to serve our campuses and each other with grace and intention.
Beauty in Expression
Walla Walla University is a vibrant campus community with a plethora of opportunities to discover and participate in beauty, from music concerts and notable visiting speakers to community service days and iconic Pacific Northwest outdoor activities.
Faith in God
At the core of our mission is the unique call to provide excellent education in an environment that fosters our sincerely held religious beliefs. Through the programs and environment, WWU enables faculty, staff, and students to grow in a spiritual walk with God with support from others.
Dedicated to Diversity
We believe every person is created in the image of God as a being of inestimable value and worth. This belief leads us to oppose barriers that separate people from opportunities. We strive to provide every employee a safe environment and an atmosphere of inclusion in harmony with the mission of Walla Walla University.
Blue Zones Project Approved
About one-third of our waking hours are spent at work—and fewer jobs today require moderate physical activity, a percentage that has fallen from 50 percent in 1960 to 20 percent currently.
As a Blue Zone Project Approved Worksite, we invest in the health of our employees and are dedicated to inspire, encourage, and promote well-being within our organization so employees and students are more socially connected and equipped to positively impact one another and the entire community.
Walla Walla University is proud to offer its employees valuable and comprehensive benefit packages, including two health plan options to meet their specific needs.
Our employees receive:
- A 403(b) retirement plan with up to 8% employer-paid contributions.
- Two options of comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and alternative care insurance plans, including an employer-funded Health Savings Account.
- An Employee Wellness Program, offering deep discounts on medical premiums.
- An Employee Assistance Program providing up to 6 free virtual or in-person counseling sessions.
- Employer-provide life insurance, long-term disability income replacement insurance, personal accident insurance, and personal international travel insurance reimbursement.
- Free tuition for employees and their spouses.
- Tuition Assistance for dependents.
- 11 paid holidays per year.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick, bereavement, and parental leave.
- Free access to our athletic complex for employees and membership options for their immediate family to our fitness center, pool, rock-climbing wall, racquetball and pickleball courts, and more.
- Spiritual and professional development opportunities.
“Many people are drawn to working at WWU due to a desire to serve others and work with others motivated by the same thing. WWU is as much of a community as it is a place to work.”
"I enjoy the friendliness and collegiality of everyone on campus. I enjoy that I have a voice and that administration is interested in what faculty and staff, and students, have to say about matters important to the institution. We are a community of prayer, we pray for alumni, for parents, for our students, and for each other. I very much enjoy this!"
Alumni and Parent Relations Director
“I find sharing office space with people who share similar lifestyle values encouraging. This includes prayer and devotions at meetings, and an awareness of the Holy Spirit’s leading each moment, through challenges and celebrations.”
Gift Processing Specialist, Alumni and Advancement Services
“I am proud to be part of a team who, every day, works to ensure that each student, staff, and faculty has the opportunities and resources to reach their full potential.”
Professor of Biology