Walla Walla University is authorized to operate and award degrees as a higher education institution. The University is listed as a “continuously exempt institution” from state authorization and review by the Washington Student Achievement Council, formerly known as the Higher Education Coordinating Board. The University is also listed as “exempt from Office of Degree Authorization (ODA) approval” by the state of Oregon for the WWU School of Nursing campus located in Portland. In the state of Montana, in which WWU conducts graduate programs in Social Work, the University has a formal letter of State Authorization from the Montana University System, Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education.
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (Bachelor of Business Administration degree program, Bachelor of Arts degree Business Administration program.)
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree program)
- Council on Social Work Education (Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Social Work degree programs)
- Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing. (Bachelor of Science Nursing program)
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Washington State Board of Education for Teacher Certification