Walla Walla University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NCCU). Accreditation of an institution of higher education by NCCU indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has the necessary resources available to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future.
Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation. Accreditation by NCCU is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution. Inquiries regarding an institution's accredited status by the NCCU should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individual may also contact NCCU.
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (Bachelor of Business Administration degree program, Bachelor of Arts degree Business Administration program.)
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree program)
- Council on Social Work Education (Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Social Work degree programs)
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Walla Walla University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org)
- Washington State Board of Education for Teacher Certification
State Authorization & Disclosures
Walla Walla University is authorized to operate and award degrees as a higher education institution. Walla Walla University is listed as a “continuously exempt institution” from state authorization and review by the Washington Student Achievement Council, formerly known as the Higher Education Coordinating Board. The University is also listed as “exempt from Office of Degree Authorization (ODA) approval” by the state of Oregon for the WWU School of Nursing campus located in Portland. In the state of Montana, in which WWU conducts graduate programs in Social Work, the University has a formal letter of State Authorization from the Montana University System, Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education.
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA)
Walla Walla University is a participating institution of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA) which is a voluntary, regional approach to provide oversight of postsecondary distance education. Under the provisions of SARA, Walla Walla University is authorized to provide distance education to students residing in other SARA member states. A list of SARA states and participating institutions can be found on the NC-SARA website.
- Walla Walla University refund policies can be found in the financial bulletin.
- If considering an academic program that leads to a professional license or certification in your state, it is highly recommended that you first seek guidance form the appropriate licensing agency in your home state before beginning an academic program outside of your state. Walla Walla University programs intended to meed criteria for certification or a professional license in the State of Washington may not transfer to another state. For more information please check our page, Programs Leading to State Certification of Licensure.
- Walla Walla University can only deliver distance education outside the State of Washington if authorized to do so by the state in which the student is located. Students who begin a program and then change their state of residence to a state where the institution is not authorized to deliver the degree program may experience educational delays, loss of financial aid/or may be unenrolled from the program.
- The process for all consumer complaints, including processes for students enrolled in distance learning programs or courses, can be be found on our Student Consumer Complaint Process webpage.
- Walla Walla University currently has no adverse actions taken against it by any states or accrediting agencies.