Serving Food at a Walla Walla University-sponsored Event

If you plan to sell or serve food to the public at a University-sponsored event within Walla Walla County, the Walla Walla County Department of Community Health must be notified in advance so that they can assist you with the requirements needed to comply with Washington State Food Code.

Plan ahead by contacting them at 509.524.2650 or via email at

No Food Trucks

The use of food trucks for University-sponsored events has been given careful consideration and is no longer an option, due to concerns about permits, food safety, and insurance liability.  Event organizers are instead encouraged to contact Sodexo.  They can provide special catering services indoors and outdoors, for large and small groups.