Vehicle Rental Policies
- Walla Walla University reserves the right for administrators, department heads, Facility Services or drivers to limit or cancel travel due to weather conditions or other safety concerns.
- Please submit Transportation Requests at least 2 weeks prior to the trip. If requests are submitted later we may be unable to fulfill your request.
- Changes to vehicle reservations need to be submitted as soon as possible. Please allow at least seven days prior to the trip for changes.
- Changes to vehicle reservations must be made in writing. Email your changes to email@example.com
- Cancellations of vehicle reservations need to be made promptly. Allow a 48-hour (minimum) notice for cancellation otherwise your department/organization will be charged for one full rental day.
- Charges are based on either the calculated per mile costs or the minimum day charge, whichever is greater. See Fee Information.
- Trash must be picked up and disposed of before returning vehicle. An extra charge will be added if the vehicle requires cleaning.
- Facility Services has the right to refuse rental of vehicles to anyone with or without cause.
Minivan and suburban requirements
- Driver must first complete the driver application process through the office of Risk and Safety Management, and be on the 7+ approved driver list. If you have questions regarding this process please call Risk and Safety Management at 527-2250
- Driver must present valid driver's license and sign the rental agreement before keys are issued for a vehicle.
- The rental agreement reads as follows:
- Under this rental agreement I agree and will comply with the following requirements
- To be the sole driver for this rental period, OR if there are multiple drivers to only allow the drivers who are listed on this form AND have signed this form to drive.
- To be responsible for any damage to the vehicle during this rental period.
- To check the interior of the vehicle at the end of the trip and collect and remove all litter, and return any personal belongings to the owner(s).
Bus and airporter requirements
- These vehicles require a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) driver, which is provided by Facility Services. Only drivers approved by the Facility Services office and on the official CDL driver's list may drive these vehicles.
- CDL drivers must adhere to the FMCSA HOS regulations+
- Drivers may drive a maximum of 10 hours after 8 consecutive hours off duty*
- Driver may not drive after having been on duty for 15 hours, following 8 consecutive hours off duty*
- Drivers may not drive after 70 hours on duty in 8 consecutive days
- Drivers shall not drive while their ability or alertness is impaired because of fatigue, illness or any other cause that will make it unsafe for them to operate the vehicle
- Long trips require a second driver. The cost of a second driver will be charged to your department/organization.
- If your department/organization needs a CDL vehicle, and Plant Services does not have one available, arrangements will be made with an outside company, and your department/organization will be billed the charges incurred.
*Off-duty time is time in which the driver is relieved of all duty and responsibility for performing work. The driver must be free to pursue activities of their own choosing and be able to leave the place where the vehicle is parked.