This week, January 23–27, is Student Missions Week. Student missions clubs and organizations are hosting a variety of events to bring awareness to and provide opportunities for students to serve locally or abroad.
Join us on Friday, Jan. 27, at 8 p.m. for a special missions vespers held in the Walla Walla University Church and live streamed on the Chaplain’s Office YouTube channel. Several former student missionaries will share their mission stories and a message will be presented by Corey Johnson, assistant dean at Andrews University who served in the Palau mission field for five years. Vespers is open for the community and will be followed by a mini missions fair in the lobby of the church showcasing organizations that offer student missionary opportunities.
See a full schedule of events below:
- Monday, Jan. 23 at 9:15 p.m., Aurora Gault who served at Gem State Adventist Academy and Lowen Yip who served in Pohnpei provided residence hall worships.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. in the Atlas there will be a student missions panel where students share about their mission experiences and encourage others to serve. Games and an open mic are sponsored by Missions Club.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25 in the Atlas from 1–5 p.m., students will have the opportunity to get free drinks and talk one-on-one with returned student missionaries.
- Thursday, Jan. 26 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. there will be a table with muffins, hot drinks, and stickers in front of the Admin Building.
- Friday, Jan. 27 following vespers at 9 p.m.there will be a collaboration with student missions and Sabbath Sigh in Bowers Hall.
- The following week, on Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 11 a.m., there will be a student missions CommUnity in the University Church. That same day at 6 p.m. in the Ministry Activity Center, there will be a CARE advocate info session. CARE advocate is a new program, launched in partnership with WWU’s Center for Humanitarian Engagement and Adventist Community Services, to provide new student mission opportunities in the Pacific Northwest.
Learn more about student missions at Walla Walla University by visiting wallawalla.edu/sm.
Posted Jan. 25, 2023.