As finals and the holidays approached, student leaders of various clubs did something special for their club members in honor of the holiday giving spirit. Little pick-me-ups from campus clubs help provide students fun study breaks together before winter break.
Some of the festivities hosted by clubs included:
- Aleph Gimel Ain (AGA) did a 12 days of Christmas giveaway
- Omicron Pi Sigma (OPS) put on a Christmas-themed movie night
- Village club paid for a free Dutch Bros drink for off-campus residents
- Fitness club hosted a Christmas lifting session at the Fitness Center
- Math club served free waffles outside of the math department
- Student Missions provided supplies for making gingerbread houses
Both Asian Pacific Islander club and Business club gave members a fan favorite—a drink at the Atlas. “The atmosphere at the Atlas during the holidays is unmatched,” said Breanna Scully, senior biology major, Atlas manager, and club vice president. “I think what makes the Atlas special for students around the holidays is that it is a cozy place for students to gather and study or get to know new people or spend time with friends,” said Scully.
Each year, the Atlas does a tradition where stockings are placed on the fireplace for students to write letters to their baristas. In addition, Atlas club had mini stockings for their members filled with Atlas merch and Christmas goodies.
Looking to join or start a new club? Visit wallawalla.edu/clubs.
Posted on January 3, 2022.