In these trying times of social separation, our theme in the Chaplain's office, "Connection Matters," seems more relevant than ever. To that end, we have transitioned many of our regularly scheduled events online and have created brand-new spaces to help build a sense of community, though we are far apart. To advance this sense of community even further, we have also compiled information about events hosted by other student organizations across campus. It is our hope that you will find a place where you feel nurtured spiritually and socially, but if the spaces listed below aren't for you, let us know! Send us your ideas for events or virtual hang-out spaces that speak to you. You belong here!
Below you will find descriptions of our current recurring events, and instructions for how to access them. At the very bottom, there are also short guides to the technologies we are using. We've tried to make connecting digitally as simple and easy as possible.
Don't miss out on these virtual moments of connection!
- Connected Stories: 8:00a PST
- A weekly meetup with our Chaplain Adrian Marston getting to know a student or faculty member at WWU. We dig deep into their personal story to help us stay connected as a community. Watch live on Instagram at @wwuchaplainsoffice.
- Dorm Chaplain on call: 7:00p PST
- Madison Turner and Matthias Bernard will be available for any dorm residents who would like someone to talk to. The call will be confidential. Residents should email one of them ( email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org ) to schedule a time and a platform (like zoom) to talk on.
- ASWWU Trail Tails: 2:00p PST
- A collection of stories of outdoor adventure brought to you but WWU students and faculty to help you cope with being cooped up in your homes. You can find it here.
- Mid-Week Worship: 6:00p PST
- This week's special guests: Dilys Brooks, chaplain at Loma Linda University, and Andreas Beccai, your very own WWU Church senior pastor.
- Join the program live on Zoom
- Dorm Ministries: 4:00p PST
- Lead by Matthias Bernard and Madison Turner via zoom.
- Click here to register your name and email and receive the Zoom link.
- Connected Stories: 8:00a PST
- Hear stories of returned Student Missionaries with our chaplain Adrian Marston. Watch live on Instagram at @wwuchaplainsoffice.
- ASWWU Collegian Release: 10:00a PST
- New issues every week! Get the scoop.
- ASWWU Spiritual Podcast Drop: 12:00p PST
- An Amen for the Ears - Tune in each week to hear host Emily Ellis discuss matters of faith, life, and all things in between. Listen on Spotify
- Crash Course Cooking Show: 3:00p
- A tasty cooking show with only the best student chefs and recipes. Watch live on instagram at @wwuchaplainsoffice.
- Vespers: 8:00p PST
- A time of connection and worship. Join us for homey living room music and thought-provoking panel discussions featuring WWU students and questions from you! Watch live on YouTube.
- This week: Circle Church pastor John Aitken will be sharing the word, and there will be some beautiful, inspiring music.
- ReNew Sabbath School: 10:00a PST
- Circle Church: 10:32a PST
- University Church: 11:40a PST
- Worship and a powerful word from our pastor Andreas Beccai. Watch the live broadcast
All of our Virtual Connections use digital platforms that are specifically chosen and catered to be as easy to use as possible. We will only be using two major platforms:
- Zoom is a powerful, yet intuitive, video conferencing platform that is as easy to join as clicking a link. If clicked on a desktop computer, you will be taken to a page prompting you to download the desktop app. If you are unable to download the app, you can participate right there in your browser. However, best results are achieved in the desktop app, so if you'd like, you can download it ahead of time. Choose the "Zoom Client for Meetings."
- Zoom can also be joined from a mobile device using the Zoom mobile app. Here it is in the App Store and on Google Play.
- Some Zoom links will require you to register your name and email address before you can join the event, such as is the link for our Vespers program. Once registered, an email will be sent to your inbox with the information needed to join the event.
- Many of our virtual events will take place through Instagram Live, hosted by our Instagram page @wwuchaplainsoffice. Simply navigate to our page and tap our profile pic of a magnifying glass in the upper-left corner at the time of the event.