Campus Medical Requirements and Resources

Requirements for freshmen and transfer students:


1. Submit required health forms

Student must submit the following forms as part of the registration process. If you have questions about this part of the process, please call the Office of Student Life at (509) 527-2511.

Immunization history

All students are required to submit a form in this categoryComplete the immunization history form >
Submit a certification of exemption >

Tuberculosis screening

All students are required to submit this formComplete the TB screening form >
Minor consentStudents under 18 are required to submit this formSubmit a preauthorization to treat minors consent form >


Consent forms should be sent to:

Fax: College Place Clinic | (509) 593-4342


Note: When you submit your forms, they must be reviewed by university  staff before your account will be updated and health items are removed from your to-do list. If you have questions, contact

If your submission does not meet registration requirements, we will notify you via the email address you have provided on your form. 


2. Review your health insurance

All undergraduate and graduate students (including international students) must be covered by a health insurance plan. Students are responsible for obtaining and maintaining their health insurance. Check that Columbia County Health is included in your in-network coverage or consider another health insurance plan. View insurance resources >

3. Consider a physical exam (optional)

A complete physical is recommended for new students. This examination can be performed by your regular physician.

4. Consider meningococcal vaccine (optional)

Meningococcal disease requires close contact to spread so is a concern on college campuses, especially for students living in residence halls. In Washington state fewer than 20 cases occur each year.
Learn more about Meningococcal disease and how to prevent it >

Health Resources


WWU Campus Security
(509) 527-2222

(509) 529-9922
Sexual Assault, Abuse, Rape, Domestic Violence

(509) 524-2999
Mental health & Substance Abuse Crisis Line

(509) 529-3377 
WW County (food card for the food bank)

Health Clinic
(509) 382-8349

WWU Counseling
(509) 527-2147

More resources
Student Health and Wellness