The Alumni Association formed on May 24, 1917. Its purpose is to serve WWU Alumni and support Walla Walla University goals. Thanks to the cooperative efforts between Alumni and the Committee of 500—both financially and in purpose—the construction of Havstad Alumni Center opened in 1981, debt free. The Havstad Alumni Center houses:
- The WWU Alumni Association Office
- The committee of 500 office. Committee of 500 is made up of alumni and friends who helped build Havstad Alumni Center and provides financial support to WWU for various campus projects.
- The WWU Heritage room which is rich in WWU history and is managed by the WWU Alumni and Advancement Services.
The Havstad Alumni Center provides a living room setting for special events and celebrations. It also operates three beautiful guestrooms including private bathrooms and daily service at a reasonable cost. In addition, Havstad Alumni Center is widely used to host WWU events, programs, and department activities for current students—our future alumni. The Havstad Alumni Center operates with volunteers and a part-time manager. Learn more about reserving event space in the Havstad Alumni Center or renting a guest room >
WWU Alumni Association elected Board members is governed by the Walla Walla University Alumni Association Constitution and Bylaws. The monthly Board meetings are held at Havstad Alumni Center. The Annual Alumni Association Business meeting is held on the Friday of homecoming. In the months leading to homecoming, the Alumni Association Board coordinates the selection process for alumni of the year.
- Alumni of the Year >
- Board members >
- Class gifts >
- Constitution and Bylaws >
- WWU Alumni Association presidents >
- School song >
- Havstad Alumni Center Facility >
- Havstad Guest Rooms >
- September 18
- November 20*
- January 15
- March 19
- May 21
Meetings are held at 7 p.m. at the Havstad Alumni Center Board Room, unless announced otherwise.
The next regularly scheduled business meeting:
Homecoming Weekend 2019
Alumni Association Business Meeting
Friday, April 26, 12:30 pm
Alaska Room, Kellogg Hall