Thank you for your interest in Walla Walla University – we'd love to show you our campus! Our campus is available for visits Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to noon.
We understand that a visit to our campus can mean some added expenses, and we'd like to help by doing the following:*
- Getting Here – We reimburse half of a prospective student's gas** or plane ticket**, up to $250!*** Plus, when you enroll at WWU we'll give you the other half up to another $250 which will be applied to the prospective student’s account after the 10th day of classes.
If a sponsor brings four high-school-age prospective students for an organized campus visit, we will pay half of the sponsor's travel, up to $250. If a sponsor brings eight or more high-school-age prospective students, we will pay up to $500 of the sponsor's travel expenses. If there are more than one sponsors coming, the reimbursement is divided equally among the sponsors. For example; two sponsors who bring four high school students will each receive up to $125.
- Your Stay is on Us – We provide lodging for prospective students and up to four of their immediate family members. To ensure a quality campus visit experience, we look for on-campus housing options first (for example, our Alumni Center guest rooms or University Housing guest rooms). If the prospective student is visiting alone, and is under 22 years old, they will be staying in the residence halls. In this case, the guest may need to bring sleeping bags/bedding as appropriate.
We provide lodging for up to three nights^, see blackout dates for dates that are unavailable. Any additional nights will need to be covered by the visiting guests. If for some reason the guests do not cover the additional nights, the additional nights of lodging will be deducted from their reimbursement.
^For prospective students visiting Montana we are only able to offer one night of lodging.
- Meals – For your convenience, we offer up to nine meals for prospective students and their immediate families. Our WWU guest meal cards can be used on and around campus dining options such as the Cafeteria, Student Association Center, Roger’s Bakery and Café, and the Dairy Express.
- Airport Transportation – If you're flying into Walla Walla Regional Airport (ALW) or Pasco Regional Airport (PSC), we can provide transportation to/from these airports. Please provide a copy of your travel itinerary in advance to ensure that your pick-up/drop-offs are scheduled.
Guests flying into a different airport will be responsible for their own transportation to Walla Walla University’s campus. Expenses of transportation from a different airport are not eligible for reimbursement unless written exception has been received by the Guest Relations Coordinator and are limited to the maximum $250 reimbursement.
To Be Eligible for Reimbursement:
- Provide all fuel or flight receipts. Flight receipts must have the name of the prospective student and the dollar amount of the flight.
- Attend all of your scheduled appointments.
- Request a minimum of four appointments.
- Submit your visit request at least two weeks before you plan to arrive.
- Requests for visit reimbursement must be made no later than 60 days after your visit.
- Provide all original itemized receipts for reimbursement.
- Upcoming Quarter Student Visits: Visits to determine if you would like to attend for the upcoming quarter can be scheduled for any non-blackout dates up to two weeks prior to the start of the quarter(Fall Quarter: up to two weeks prior to JumpStart). Any visits scheduled during the two weeks before the start of the quarter will be considered an early arrival and the travel reimbursement, as well as the housing and meal coverage, will not be applicable. Thank you for helping us maintain this assisted visitation program and feel free to contact us with any further questions.
If you have questions or would like additional information about setting up a visit to Walla Walla University, please contact Guest Relations at (509) 527-2875 or email@example.com.
*Walla Walla University will help cover your expenses for one personal campus visit and one U-Days visit.
**Reimbursement does NOT include car rental. Just fuel OR airfare for the prospective student.
***On a $400 plane ticket we would give you $200 for the first half of your reimbursement and another $200 scholarship upon enrollment. If your plane ticket was $600 we would reimburse you $250 for the first half and another $250 scholarship upon enrollment.
****Visit reimbursement, lodging and meals are only available for College Place, WA campus visits.