Thank you for your interest in Walla Walla University – we'd love to show you our campus! Our campus is available for visits Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to noon.
We understand that a visit to our campus can mean some added expenses, and we'd like to help by doing the following:*
- Getting Here – We reimburse half of a prospective student's gas** or plane ticket**, up to $350!*** Plus, when you enroll at WWU we'll give you the other half up to another $350 which will be applied to the prospective student’s account after the 10th day of classes.
- Your Stay is on Us – We provide lodging for prospective students and up to five of their immediate family members. We provide lodging in the dorms, on-campus housing and at local hotels for up to three nights. (see blockout dates for dates that are unavailable) Any additional nights will need to be covered by the visiting guests. If for some reason the guests do not cover the additional nights, the additional nights of lodging will be deducted from their reimbursement.
- Meals – For your convenience, we offer up to eight meals for prospective students and their immediate families. Our WWU guest meal cards can be used on and around campus dining options such as the Cafeteria, Student Association Center, Roger’s Bakery and Café, and the Dairy Express.
We will also reimburse one meal eaten in downtown Walla Walla for up to $13 per person and up to five family members in total.
- Airport Transportation – We are able to pick guests up at the Walla Walla and Pasco airports. We need your flight itinerary two week's prior to your visit so that we can arrange this. (If you are being picked up and also need lodging you will be hosted in our on-campus guestrooms. Student's can be hosted in the Residence Halls)
To Be Eligible for Reimbursement:
- Provide all fuel or flight receipts. Flight receipts must have the name of the prospective student and the dollar amount of the flight.
- Attend all of your scheduled appointments.
- Request a minimum of four appointments.
- Submit your visit request at least two weeks before you plan to arrive.
- Requests for visit reimbursement must be made no later than 60 days after your visit.
- Return any borrowed umbrella's or access cards.
- Upcoming Quarter Student Visits: Visits to determine if you would like to attend for the upcoming quarter can be scheduled for any non-blackout dates up to two weeks prior to the start of the quarter(Fall Quarter: up to two weeks prior to JumpStart). Any visits scheduled during the two weeks before the start of the quarter will be considered an early arrival and the travel reimbursement, as well as the housing and meal coverage, will not be applicable. Thank you for helping us maintain this assisted visitation program and feel free to contact us with any further questions.
If you have questions or would like additional information about setting up a visit to Walla Walla University, please contact Guest Relations at (509) 527-2875 or email@example.com.
*Walla Walla University will help cover your expenses for one personal campus visit and one U-Days visit.
**Reimbursement does NOT include car rental. Just fuel OR airfare for the prospective student.
***On a $400 plane ticket we would give you $200 for the first half of your reimbursement and another $200 scholarship upon enrollment. If your plane ticket was $600 we would reimburse you $300 for the first half and another $300 scholarship upon enrollment. If your plane ticket was $800 we would reimburse you $350 for the first half and another $350 scholarship upon enrollment.
****Visit reimbursement, lodging and meals are only available for College Place, WA campus visits.