Walla Walla University is an approved training institution for veterans eligible for educational benefits. The required course load is twelve hours per quarter in order to maintain eligibility to receive maximum benefits. If you have questions about veteran's policies, please contact the Administrative Assistant and Veterans Affairs Coordinator in the Academic Records Office (509) 527-2810.
- Apply for admission to WWU at apply.wallawalla.edu/
- Apply for VA benefits at www.gibill.va.gov
- Obtain transcripts from all other institutions and send to WWU Records Office.
- After obtaining your certificate or letter of eligibility and acceptance to Walla Walla University, make an appointment to see the veterans representative in the Records Office (509) 527-2810.
- Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Certificate of eligibility
- DD214 or NOBE
- WWU student ID
- Chapter 30 for Veterans entering service after June 30, 1985 or having entitlement from post Korean Conflict Bill
- Chapter 1606 for selected Reserves and National Guard
- Chapter 32 for Veterans who served on active duty after December 31, 1976 and made voluntary contributions into an educational fund
- Chapter 33 for Veterans who have served at least 90 days of active military duty since September 11, 2001
- Chapter 35 for dependent of a Veteran who died while on active duty or who is classified 100% disable as a result of active service in the military may be eligible for educational benefits and/or fee payments
- Chapter 31 for Veterans determined eligible for benefits by Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Vet Success services
- Chapter VRAP for Veterans Retraining Assistance Program from October 1, 2012 thru March 31, 2014.
- Yellow Ribbon Program: If eligible may be used for costs in excess of the cap. Eligibility is determined by the VA. You will be informed in your benefits eligibility letter.
Two quarter credits of the general studies physical education requirement will be waived for students eligible for VA benefits. Students who provide an official accredited military transcripts listing Basic Training may be awarded a maximum of 6 quarter credits of physical education. The remainder of the transcript will be evaluated as other accredited transcripts. No credit will be awarded for specialty training or vocational programs.