Graduate students choose to study at Walla Walla University because of our rigorous and challenging curricula designed to enhance critical thinking and practice skills. They come because of our accredited graduate education in an environment where people care about you and your personal and professional success.
Our high-quality faculty with rich breadth of knowledge, diverse backgrounds, and extensive professional experience draw students here to study. Students who study here get an enhanced education through personal relationships built with faculty and staff on campus. We have small classes that facilitate individual attention and meaningful conversations as well as a spiritual atmosphere that encourages personal growth.
Our program provides you with the on-the-job skills that employers are looking for in new graduates. Small classes give ample opportunity for involvement with other students from diverse backgrounds. The BSW and MSW programs are fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Clinical focus
- Dedicated field director for practicum placement
- No GRE required
- Transfer credits accepted
- Length: 2 years or less
- Application deadline: Acceptance is done on a rolling basis, submit your application today to indicate your desired admit term.
The Center for the Study of Media Ministry at Walla Walla University within the Communication and Languages Department and is suitable for students who already hold degrees in theology, communication, or other related fields. These individuals will build upon past academic and ministry experience as they pursue a more specialized master's degree in Media Ministry. Students enrolled in the program would contribute to the field through their research and projects. These research and media projects could range from social activism to evangelism and all areas of ministry in between.
- Convenience to keep working while earning your degree
- Unique blend of communication, computer science, and theology in every course
- Choose between a concentration in media and cinema or web and interactive media
- No GRE required
- Length: 2 year cohort
- Application deadline: All admission documents must be completed by August 15.
The School of Education offers three master's degree programs:
- Master of Initial Teaching (MIT)
- Instruction with Certification(Elementary)
- Instruction with Certification(Secondary)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.), Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Leadership
- Literacy Instruction (Reading endorsement included)
- Special education track (SPED endorsement included)
All programs teach basic research skills and techniques; focus on research in emerging policy, practice, and professional life; address contemporary issues, needs, and trends in education and psychology; provide supervised practicums in the area of specialization; and assist students in the development and application of a philosophy of Christian service.
- Application deadline: Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis provided space is available. You may take up to 12 credits before being admitted and have those courses apply towards the master’s program of study.
The main emphasis during this two-year program is the development and completion of a research thesis under the supervision of a student's major professor. The program of research and course work developed for each graduate student takes into account the academic background, present interests, and future goals of the student.
- Focused thesis research on topic, area of interest
- Dedicated major professor
- Rosario Beach Marine Laboratory
- Teaching assistantships available to cover tuition and provide a stipend
- Length: 2 years
- Application deadline: All admission documents must be completed 30 days prior to the quarter in which you are enrolling.