My work in graduate school and industry, before joining the faculty at WWU, focused on building and using expensive microscopes and semiconductor capital equipment. Once at WWU, I changed my research direction to focus on building projects that are much cheaper. The goal is to bring interesting science experiments into reach for schools without large budgets.
- MechHeat Upgrade: A upgrade to the Pasco Mechanical Equivalent of Heat Apparatus (TD-8551A).
- Photoelectric Effect Apparatus: A 3D printed box that holds a vacuum tube and LED.
- SpectraCam Rev 5: A variation of the Public Lab spectrometer using PVC.
- SpectraCam Rev 6: A variation of the Public Lab spectrometer using 3d printed parts and PVC.
- Spectral Analysis Program: A web-based program to look at the spectral lines from various elements.