Communication and Languages
Because WWU's Department of Communication and Languages can turn your passion into a career! We have small class sizes with expert professors who believe in mentoring. Visit our our faculty page to get in contact with a professor who specializes in your field.
Here, we can strengthen your writing, your digital strategy, and your visual communication while also giving you the ability to be immersed in the language and culture of other parts of the world. Tell us where you want to go professionally, and we will help you get there!
Studying Communication and Languages opens up a wide range of career opportunities. At WWU, you'll be able to tailor your course load to prepare for your dream job, or even take a broad range of classes so you can be ready for almost any job in the global market.
Do you have strong writing or visual storytelling skills? Do you love to learn about new languages and cultures? Do you want to learn the science and art of getting noticed in a digital world? A communication or language degree may be right for you! Click on one of the degrees below to see the offered courses in that program.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Film, TV, and Media
- Focuses intensely on teaching visual and audio communication. Graduates often produce, direct, write, edit, and in many ways are involved in the creation of film, documentary, advertising, broadcasting, video, and other visual media.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Strategic Communication
- Integrates a strong core of communication study with skills in journalism, public relations, fundraising, and publishing.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Global Communication
- Integrates knowledge of communication with a French or Spanish specialization, a minor in an area of the student's choosing, language study abroad, and an international internship to provide a solid foundation of experience in international communication.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in French Studies
- Offers a solid linguistic and multi-cultural experience, including a school year studying abroad in France and provides a strong humanities background.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Spanish Studies
- Offers a solid linguistic and multi-cultural experience, including a year spent in either Spain or Argentina, and provides valuable insight into the Hispanic and Latin-American world including the Latino community.
- Associate of Science (AS) in pre-Speech Language Pathology and Audiology
- To prepare students form admission to Speech Language Pathology and Audiology at Loma Linda University.
- A study of all aspects of theatrical performance and production.
- The art of public speaking and persuasion.
- Film & Television Production
- Combine your love of film with another major.
- Hone your article writing and news reporting skills.
- Public Relations
- An excellent complement to a variety of majors.
- Global Communication
- Involves courses in multicultural communication as well as a minimum of one quarter spent abroad.
- French, German, or Spanish
- On-campus language minors, with one quarter abroad.
- Italian, Portuguese, or Arabic
- Language minors through Adventist Colleges Abroad.
- Master of Arts in Cinema, Religion, & Worldview
- Learn to create change through film and communicate with different cultural perspectives