WWU Calendar of Events
WWU uses Google Calendar to manage our calendar of events. This allows departments to maintain oversight of their own events, make updates in real time to prove the most accurate and up-to-date information, integrate with other platforms like the WWU App, and publish events automatically in the WWU News and Events daily email.
Marketing and University Relations (MUR) oversees the master event calendar which is made up of eight contributing calendars. On these eight calendars, MUR maintains events designated as “institutional events” for two years in advance on an ongoing basis. Other one-time events, or events with varying event information (i.e. date, time, location), are added by calendar managers from departments across campus.
The eight WWU calendar types maintained on Google Calendar include:
- Academics (events organized by an academic department or Academic Administration—example: Colloquium)
- Campus Life (events organized by ASWWU or Student Life—example: Deadweek events, CommUnity schedule)
- Spiritual Life (events organized by Campus Ministries, ASWWU spiritual—example: Vespers, Week of Worship)
- Administration (events and deadlines overseen by administration—example: University Senate, notice of offices closed for holidays)
- Recruiting and Alumni/Parent Relations (events such as Homecoming, Tournaments, and UDays)
- Arts (events organized by wwudrama, the art department, or the department of music)
- Athletics (events organized by Athletics)
- Terms and deadlines (important information about term dates, registration and financial aid deadlines, and enrollment information)
MUR provides training on calendar event entry to all calendar managers as needed. If you would like individual assistance, please contact Alix Harris at email@example.com or (509) 527-2514.
Adding an event
To add an event on the WWU calendar, contact the calendar manager in your department. If you have questions about who to contact, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for calendar managers
- Go to calendar.google.com and login with your google account. On the left-hand side of the screen, under “Other Calendars” you should see the WWU contributing calendar that you want to add an event to.
- Click the red button at the top left of the page called “Create."
- Add the event details including name, time, location, and any additional information about the event in the event description. Make sure that you select the correct calendar from the “calendar” drop-down menu.
- Click “Save.” Go to wallawalla.edu/calendar and ensure that the event is showing up correctly.
(Click to enlarge the images at left).
If you have questions about accessing a contributing calendar, setting up a Google account, or becoming a calendar manager, please contact email@example.com.
Subscribing to the WWU Google calendar in Outlook
You may subscribe to any of the WWU google calendars to view dates in your Outlook calendar by using the links below. This article can walk you through the process of subscribing >
Note that when events change on the Google calendar, it can take more than 24 hours for Outlook to reflect the update.
Recruiting and Alumni/Parent Relations
Printing the calendar
MUR does not provide a printed or PDF version of the WWU calendar because our calendar is a "living" calendar, constantly changing. We encourage any individuals interested in upcoming events at WWU to view our online calendar that is updated in real-time.
If you choose to print the calendar yourself, keep in mind that event times and details may change after you’ve printed your copy.