Get help now

If you feel that you are in immediate danger, please call 911.

Get to know the places, people, and policies that offer support if you or a friend is assaulted. You have options -- you don’t have to go through this alone.

It is important to remember that all emotional responses are normal. You may feel upset, calm, or anything in between. Each survivor copes with the trauma of assault differently. Resist the urge to blame yourself or think you should have done something differently. The important thing is that you survived. Now it is important to reach out to a friend you trust and utilize all available resources when you feel ready. You are not alone. The Title IX team is here to help.

First Steps

If you have experienced sexual harassment or assault, take these steps to get help:

Step 1: Find a safe environment and ask a trusted individual to stay with you for support. Know that the incident was not your fault.

Step 2: Contact 911, Campus Security ((509) 527-2222), your resident assistant (RA), or a University staff member, available 24/7. 

Step 3: Seek medical attention to take care of any injuries (visible or unseen). Preserve evidence. Don’t shower or brush your teeth; keep clothes in a paper bag. Go to Providence St. Mary Hospital.

Step 4: Once you are safe and have sought medical attention, file a report regarding the incident. 

View more resources on who to talk to, whether it be on or off campus.

File a Report

Sexual assault is a crime as well as a violation of WWU policy. You can hold a perpetrator accountable through the police and/or the university. If the alleged perpetrator is a WWU student or employee, you are encouraged to file a report through the university disciplinary system.

Reporting Avenues

Title IX Coordinator

Report issues to the Title IX Coordinator, David Lindstrom, via WWU’s Harassment/ Discrimination Complaint Form. You can also send an email to Title IX Case Manager, Aman Kaur at If you prefer to speak with someone in person, rather than completing the form, you can call the Title IX Coordinator at (509) 527-2259, or (509) 527-2222 after-hours. 


Off-campus counselors, advocates, and health care providers will also generally maintain confidentiality and not share information with the University unless the victim requests the disclosure and signs a consent or waiver form. If you would like to report to someone off campus, you may also contact the YWCA Crisis Center 24/7 at:

  • (509) 529-9922—Walla Walla
  • (503) 988-6400—Portland
  • (406) 542-1944—Missoula
  • (406) 245-4472—Billings
  • For the Rosario campus, you can contact the Skagit Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services (24/7) at 1-(888) 336-9591

Local Law Enforcement

To report issue to local law enforcement, contact:

  • College Place Police—(509) 525-7773
  • Walla Walla Police—(509) 527-4434
  • Portland Police—(503) 823-4800
  • Missoula Police—(406) 552-6300
  • Billings Police—(406) 657-8460
  • Anacortes Police—(360) 293-4684

Your personal bill of rights

I have the right to say "no" without feeling guilty or having to explain myself.
I have the right to change my mind.
I have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
I have the right to change and grow.
I have the right to ask for help and support.
I have the right to not be judged.
I have the right to be in an equal relationship.
I have the right not to be dominated.
I have the right to say "no" to anything when I feel that I am not ready, it is not safe, or it violates my values.