Graduation announcements may be ordered on-line at www.herffjones.com/college/wwu.
Regalia (cap and gown) are available at the University Bookstore to purchase. For further information or assistance, please feel free to contact Matt Heinrich at the University Bookstore (509) 527-2441.
Commencement Rehearsal is for all graduates—graduating seniors and graduate students. All graduating seniors are expected to attend the commencement rehearsal on Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 1 p.m. located at Centennial Green. This rehearsal is to inform you on where you will be sitting, how to walk across the stage, where to go after you receive your diploma, and to receive any last minute information. This is also your final opportunity to correct any mispronunciations of your name before graduation.
Before the start of rehearsal, President and Mrs. McVay and Cabinet invite you for lunch at Rigby Hall Courtyard from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. In the event of inclement weather the lunch will be held in the Alaska Room located in Kellogg Hall.
Professional photos of each graduate receiving his/her diploma will be taken by Marty Huie, Professional Photography.
- Families/Friends desiring a professional group photograph taken on the stage, please meet at the left side of the stage following Commencement for a "No Obligation" photograph. This will be posted online with the rest of the photographs.
- Photographs taken at Commencement will be available for viewing/ordering within 36-48 hours after Commencement. Proofs (portrait pose, diploma pose with the president, class group pose) will be mailed to each graduate within 10-14 days.
- Access the photos taken during Commencement at GradPhotoNetwork.com and when prompted to enter an event name, choose "Walla Walla University."
P.O. Box 1704, Walla Walla, WA 99362 | (509) 529-5183 | email@example.com
If you are graduating in absentia you must fill out a request form. This can be done by downloading the pdf Graduation in Absentia request form or filling out the online Graduation in Absentia request form.
If you fill out the pdf form, it must be returned to the President's Office no later than the Thursday before Commencement.
For information on academic programs and graduation requirements, check out the Walla Walla University Undergrad Bulletin.
Commencement exercises are held once a year in June. Students who have completed their requirements summer, autumn, or winter quarter may participate in the following June commencement exercises. Those anticipating the completion of an approved degree program during the upcoming summer quarter may apply to the Academic Records Office requesting to participate in the current June graduation exercises.
By Thursday prior to the June graduation date, prospective summer degree candidates must have satisfied the following:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 for all university work.
- An approved degree application (Senior Outline) on file in the Academic Records Office showing a completion date for summer.
- No more than twelve (12) credits to complete after spring quarter, including summer courses and outstanding "I"s and "IP"s.
- Remaining credits must meet residency requirements.
Any exceptions to the above requirements must be approved by Academic Standards Committee.
By attending the Commencement Rehearsal. It is also important to attend the rehearsal because this is the time that any last minute information will be given.
Your diploma will be sent to your latest forwarding address on file in the Records Office approximately 4 weeks after graduation.
It is in your best interest to leave personal belongings with family. We ask that you do not bring anything up to the stage while waiting for your name to be called. Bottled water is provided for you (under your chair).
Undergraduates and Graduates place your tassel on the left side of your Mortarboard, this way the tassel is not in your face for the audience or for pictures.
Commencement exercises will take place on Centennial Green regardless of weather conditions. This decision was made in order to accommodate the more than 3,000 family members and friends who attend Commencement each year. An indoor ceremony would mean limiting guests on this important day. Please watch the weather forecast and bring raincoats and umbrellas, if appropriate.
2020 senior class leadership
College Place campus
President:| Kayla Nash
Executive Vice President:| Andre Gonzalez
Social Vice President:| Jocelyn Griffin
Public Relations Vice President:| Sabrina Mapes
Financial Vice President:| Inez Aguirre
Secretary:| Elisha Mvundura
Greg Dodds, professor of history and chair of the department of history and philosophy
Nancy Semotiuk, professor of communication
Michaelynn Paul, professor of nursing