Commencement Ceremonies 2021
WWU is currently working with the Walla Walla County Department of Community Health to finalize our in-person commencement plan for graduate and undergraduate students. This plan includes adjusting the number of graduation-related events and limiting the number of commencement guests. Please check back for more detailed information by Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
As we have learned during the past year, protocols related to COVID-19 can change quickly. We are currently planning three in-person commencement events for graduates from the classes of 2020 and 2021, however we all must be ready to adjust plans if needed as events unfold in the coming days and weeks. We recommend that all reservations related to travel for commencement are fully refundable should you need to cancel.
We are planning for commencement events on the Walla Walla University Centennial Green for the weekend of June 11–13, 2021. Our desire is to keep graduates and guests safe while providing an opportunity to honor the significant accomplishments of our graduates.
Dates and times for commencement ceremonies
- Master’s degree hooding ceremony and commencement—Friday, June 11, 4 p.m.
- General commencement for all non-nursing graduates—Sunday, June 13, 8:30 a.m.
- Nurses’ pinning ceremony and commencement—Sunday, June 13, 1 p.m.
What to expect
- Masks and social distancing will be required.
- Commencement ceremonies will be ticketed events. Graduates can reserve up to four seats for their guests, which must be family members from a maximum of two related households in one group of four. Watch for details to come about how graduates can reserve tickets.
- Seating will be assigned in groups of four. Due to state requirements for limits on outdoor gathering size, there will be no standing room available.
- All ceremonies will be broadcast on Blue Mountain Television and will also be livestreamed. Watch this web page for streaming link.
- Watch for announcements on this page with details as they become available.
- If you are a graduate from the class of 2020, responses to the participation survey were due on Wednesday, April 28. If you would still like to participate, please contact the Deirdre Benwell at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 14.