Fall 2021 Move-in Information
New Student Move-In Day: Move-in day for incoming new students is Sunday, 9/19
Returning student move-in day: Move-in day for returning students is Sunday, 9/26
Steps to follow:
If you know who your roommate will be, you can submit a roommate group with your selected roommate. Both roommates should confirm this roommate group in order to reserve a room.
If you have not listed a specific roommate, you will be entered into the roommate self-selection process. Further instructions on this process will be sent to your WWU email.
Once you have a completed a roommate group, you and your roommate will be able to self-select a room. If you do not meet the self-selection deadline for a roommate/room, a room will be assigned to you based on your preferences listed in the housing application.
Self-Selection Deadline: The deadline to self-select a room and roommate is June 28, 2021. If you do not meet the deadline, the housing dean will assign you a room and roommate based on your preferences listed in your housing application.
In order to maintain a safe transition into housing, all students should schedule an appointment with their respective residence hall. Move-in appointments are every 10 minutes beginning at 9am on the dates listed below. Please visit abode.wallawalla.edu to make an appointment to move into the residence hall.
If you don’t have a room or roommate assignment, but know what day you plan on arriving, you can still sign up for a move-in appointment! Please visit abode.wallawalla.edu to make an appointment.
New Student Move-In Day: Move-in day for incoming new students is Sunday, 9/19*
Returning student move-in day: Move-in day for returning students is Sunday, 9/26*
*To request an earlier move in date and time, please submit your early move in request by submitting this form: Early Move-In Request. Priority for Friday appointments are granted to those traveling 400+ miles away. Please submit your early move in request by Friday, 9/3.
All official communication regarding housing will be sent to your WWU email.
In order to maintain a safe and smooth transition for all students and families:
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have a temperature of 100.4 or higher, or identify as a person of high risk for exposure.
- We recommend only bringing essentials and that you limit the number of boxes/items as you will have a limited time to move-in and we are unable to provide any volunteers to assist with carrying your belongings.
- We will only be allowing up to 2 vehicles per student during move-in and only 2 guests to assist with move-ins. Guests are only permitted in the residence hall for the duration of the appointment and cannot reenter at a different time.
- The residence halls are closed to all guests (outside of your move-in appointment).
- A total of four hours are allotted for moving in.
- The residence halls will follow the guidance of the CDC for all COVID related policies including mask wearing and social distancing efforts.
On the day of your appointment, please arrive to your respective residence hall lobby at your appointment time. To ensure social distancing can be followed, please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your selected time slot. Students arriving too early will be instructed to exit and then return closer to their arrival time. Students arriving late will be moved to a holding area and fit into the process as soon as we are able to.
Designated Check-In Area:
Check-in areas are dependent on the residence hall you are assigned to. Check-in locations will be located in the main lobby of your respective residence hall. Please proceed to the front desk of the residence hall to start the process.
- Foreman/Conard Follow signs and directions to park along Ash Street (East of Conard Hall) to unload for short term parking.
- Sittner: Follow signs and directions to park in the Sittner Day Lot (between University Church and Sittner Hall) to unload for short term parking.