Fall 2021 Move-in Information
Para Español: Información Para Su Ingreso
New Student Move-In Day: Move-in day for incoming new students is Sunday, 9/19
Returning student move-in day: Move-in day for returning students is Sunday, 9/26
Steps to follow:
If you know who your roommate will be, you can submit a roommate group with your selected roommate. Both roommates should confirm this roommate group in order to reserve a room.
If you have not listed a specific roommate, you will be entered into the roommate self-selection process. Further instructions on this process will be sent to your WWU email.
Once you have a completed a roommate group, you and your roommate will be able to self-select a room. If you do not meet the self-selection deadline for a roommate/room, a room will be assigned to you based on your preferences listed in the housing application.
Self-Selection Deadline: The deadline to self-select a room and roommate is June 28, 2021. If you do not meet the deadline, the housing dean will assign you a room and roommate based on your preferences listed in your housing application.
In order to maintain a safe transition into housing, all students should schedule an appointment with their respective residence hall. Move-in appointments are every 10 minutes beginning at 9am on the dates listed below. Please visit abode.wallawalla.edu to make an appointment to move into the residence hall.
If you don’t have a room or roommate assignment, but know what day you plan on arriving, you can still sign up for a move-in appointment! Please visit abode.wallawalla.edu to make an appointment.
New Student Move-In Day: Move-in day for incoming new students is Sunday, 9/19*
Returning student move-in day: Move-in day for returning students is Sunday, 9/26*
*To request an earlier move in date and time, please submit your early move in request by submitting this form: Early Move-In Request. Priority for Friday appointments are granted to those traveling 400+ miles away. Please submit your early move in request by Friday, 9/12.
All official communication regarding housing will be sent to your WWU email.
As move in day approaches, we would like to extend a warm welcome to the Walla Walla University campus.
Residence hall housing assignments can be viewed on abode.wallawalla.edu
Please take a moment to read through the entirety of this information for Fall 2021 Move-Ins and share with anyone coming to campus with you. If there is any aspect that is unclear please contact a dean, we are happy to answer any questions.
In order to maintain a safe and smooth transition for all students and families:
- Masks are required indoors during the move-in process regardless of vaccination status.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have a temperature of 100.4 or higher, or identify as a person of high risk for exposure.
- We recommend only bringing essentials and that you limit the number of boxes/items as you will have a limited time to move-in and we are unable to provide any volunteers to assist with carrying your belongings.
- We will only be allowing up to 2 vehicles per student during move-in and only 2 guests to assist with move-in. Guests are only permitted in the residence hall for the duration of the appointment and cannot reenter at a different time.
- A total of four hours are allotted for moving in.
Prior to making your way to campus, all residents are required to make an appointment to check-in/move-in. Appointments can be made by visiting abode.wallawalla.edu.
- New incoming students: Sept. 19
- Returning students: Sept. 26
Requests to move in before the official move in days can be submitted with this form: Early Move In Request.
- Submitting this request does not guarantee an early move-in appointment.
- Students who move into the residence hall without prior permission from residence hall staff will incur a charge of $100 per day until their official move in day.
Deadline for Early Move-in Requests: September 12, 2021
Designated Check-In Area: Please visit the front desk of your respective residence hall to begin your check-in process.
Foreman and Conard Halls:
200 SE Ash Ave
College Place, WA 99324
Follow signs and directions to park along Ash Street (East of Conard Hall) to unload. Drivers will be directed to long term parking after unloading.
201 SW 1st Street
College Place, WA 99324
Follow signs and directions to park along 1st street or the Sittner Day Lot to unload. Drivers will be directed to long term parking after unloading.
Steps for checking in:
- Arrive to your designated check-in area on time to your appointment.
- Park vehicle to short-term parking or unloading zone as directed. Drivers will be re-directed to long-term parking after unloading.
- Visit the front desk of your respective residence hall to be directed to the check-in tables.
- Digitally complete residence hall documents and paperwork (if you do not have a smart device, a device will be provided for you).
- Complete the COVID Screening with all guests in your party.
- Important: Please stay home if you are feeling sick or have experienced any COVID-19-like symptoms in the last 14 days. Residence hall entry will not be permitted if you or someone in your group reports a fever of 100.4 or higher.
- Receive temporary access card for assigned room.
- Submit documents to be officially checked into the residence hall.
- Complete the Room Inspection Form for your room.
- The remainder of the time can be spent unpacking. Welcome home!
ID Card: Upon arrival, new residents without a WWU ID card will receive a temporary card that gives them access to their room. This card will provide temporary entry into the rooms until the resident’s WWU ID card is programmed by a residence hall staff member for building and room access.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate through the process of checking-in our residents. Safe travels, we will see you all soon!
Foreman Hall’s front desk: (509) 527-2531
Sittner Hall’s front desk: (509) 527-2111
Prior to arrival:
- Sign up for a move in appointment.
- Submit the Vaccination Declaration on mywwu
Out of respect for Sabbath, the residence halls cannot accommodate move-ins during Sabbath hours. The residence hall check-in tables will close one hour before sundown on Friday and reopen one hour after sunset on Saturday.
The cafeteria will open Sunday, 9/19 for dinner. Residents who move in before Sunday will be responsible for providing their own meals. The residence halls have kitchens with a microwave, fridge, and stove. Residents should bring their own cooking items.
Due to COVID, the residence halls are closed to all guests outside of the resident’s 4 hour move-in appointment. Only current residents may stay overnight in the residence halls.
Yes, you can ship items to your respective residence hall. Please plan to have items shipped after September 12. Packages sent before will be refused and sent back to sender.
Animals outside of service animals and DSS pre-approved pets are not allowed in the residence hall. Please leave your furry family members at home.
Yes, residents may choose to stay locally with their family during move-in weekend. A leave request must be submitted in order to avoid an accountability violation.
The residence halls are unable to assist with moving items into the residence hall. There are limited dollies/hand trucks available for use.