Housing Costs 2024-2025

Residence Hall Housing

Rent for a room with two occupants are as follows:
Conard Hall$1,658 per person, per quarter
Foreman Hall$1,744 per person, per quarter
Sittner Hall$1,658 per person, per quarter
Meske Hall$1,658 per person, per quarter

When rooms are available, single occupancy is permitted at a rate of 150 percent of regular room rate.

Upon the student's departure, charges for delayed departure, an uncleaned or damaged room, or failure to return keys may be applied to the student's account.

(For complete listing of residence hall fines, please refer to the online Residential Life Handbook.)


Rooms in Hansen Hall are usually available for single occupancy only and the rent is $1,925 per quarter. Should double occupancy be approved, rent would be charged at the same rate as Foreman Hall for each occupant.


A $200 deposit is required to reserve a room in Hansen Hall. Upon their departure, a refund of up to $130 may be applied to the student's account. Charges for delayed departure, an uncleaned or damaged room, or failure to return keys are also applied to the student's account. Should a student not enroll, the entire deposit will be refunded.



All rooms are wired for connections to the campus computer network. Students are responsible for getting a network card needed to connect to the campus computer network. Network cards may be purchased through Information Services and can be used throughout a student's university stay.


Students will be charged for printing in the library and general purpose PC Labs. Printed pages are charged at a rate of 10 cents per monochrome and 25 cents per color page. Each student will be given $10 credit each quarter to compensate for technical challenges when printing in these locations. Printing charges are tallied at the end of each quarter and added to each student's account less the $10 credit.

University-Owned, Off-Campus (Village) Housing

Walla Walla University owns a limited number of apartments and houses for students to rent. Rent is charged to the student account in 3 month increments and prorated based on check in and check out dates. 

Students must apply for housing during open application periods. Priority is granted to applicants who are married and/or have children and/or are 25 years of age or older. Housing offers are made to other applicants on a first-come, first served basis. Financial arrangements must be approved by Student Financial Services before a student may move into a residence. 

Students not registered for the following quarter are required to vacate the day after the last day of finals, or if graduating in June, the day following the graduation commencement. A 30-day "move out" notice is required. Students not giving a 30-day notice may forfeit up to 30 days of rent. Upon vacating, students are responsible for restoring the residence to its initial clean condition. If there are charges for an incomplete move out, cleaning, damage, moving out late, or failure to return keys, these charges will be added to the student's account.

For more information, visit wallawalla.edu/village or contact the Village Housing Office at (509) 527-2109 or village@wallawalla.edu

Housing Administration Fees

A non-refundable Housing Administration Fee is required before occupying a residence. This fee covers administrative costs and may be paid by check or cash at the Village Housing Office or by credit/debit card or e-check online. Credit card payments do charge a convenience fee.

  • $200 if in a 1 bedroom or shared 2+ bedroom residence.
  • $400 if married/family, or living alone in a 2+ bedroom residence.

Village Housing Eligibility

To be eligible for Village Housing, a student must be in good standing at the university and enrolled in full time, degree track, or equivalent coursework (audit courses do not apply). In addition, student must have completed 135 credit hours and/or be 22 years of age, or meet other housing policy eligibility criteria (www.wallawalla.edu/housing-policy). Continuing students need to meet the Clean Quarter Policy requirements.

Pet Policy

Animals of any kind, except harmless fish in an aquarium (not to exceed 10-gallon capacity per residence) are prohibited.  Service and assistance animals are restricted to students who have received prior accommodations for such through Disability Support Services.  The presence of animals within university-owned housing poses serious health, safety, and maintenance concerns.  In addition to direct damage incurred by animals, many students have allergic reactions to various animals.