Logging into your account allows you to:
- Check your record for due items, available holds, etc.
- Renew a book from anywhere at any time
- Place a book that is checked out by someone else on hold so that you get it next.
- Request locally owned items to be pulled from the stacks and placed on the Hold Shelf (limited to PML and Portland patrons)
- Save your preferred searches.
- Save records that you looked at in the catalog for your own later use.
For specific information about using your library account, check out the information below:
- Access my Account
- Check your record
- Change Personal Info/Password
- Renew Items
- Request Borrowed Item
- Save Preferred Searches
- Save Catalog Items
- Need Assistance?
Login when you start to search the catalog to have access to full functionality.
- At Research Central, click on the "My Account" link in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your WWU login information and submit.
Once you are logged in, you can search the catalog and return to your account at any time by clicking on "My Account" at the top of the screen.
TIP: Check your account regularly to keep track of what you have borrowed and when items are due.
Once logged in, you can see your account. Any items you have checked out will be listed. Just check the box next to the item you wish to renew and click on "Renew Item".
After searching for something in the catalog, you will see a result list of items. In each item record, it tells you if the item is "on the shelf" or is "due back" on a particular date.
If the item is checked out,
- Click the "Request" button.
- Fill in your personal information and submit.
The item will now appear in your library holds list in your account. You will be notified by email when the item is available for you.
When you perform a search in the catalog, just click on the "Save as Preferred Search" button under the search box. The search is added to your Preferred Searches list and you can refer back to it later from your account.
Rating an item saves the item record with your rating to your account. Why would you want to rate an item? It can help you as you evaluate your sources.
To rate an item, in the catalog results list, click on the stars next to the item. This places the item with your rating in your account.
Questions about your library account? Stop by or call the Library Information Desk during open hours or email us any time:
Phone: (509) 527-2134