The Rosario Beach Marine Laboratory is located on Rosario Beach, next to Deception Pass State Park in the northwest corner of Washington state. The lab includes more than 40 acres of timberland, hills, wetlands, and beachfront on the beautiful Rosario Strait. From our cabins you can view the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Olympic Mountains, Vancouver Island, and the San Juan Islands.The cities of Anacortes and Oak Harbor are 15 minutes away. Less than an hour's drive takes you to Bellingham or Everett. In just a bit longer you can be in Seattle or Vancouver B.C. Ferry transportation will get you to Friday Harbor, Port Townsend, and Victoria B.C.
Housing facilities include four cabins on the beach, 21 cabins in the upper area, and a seven-room residence hall in the upper area. Single students at Rosario live in smaller cabins or the residence hall and eat in the cafeteria. Wireless internet is available in most areas and buildings. Below you can find photo listings of all our rental facilities.
Facility rental photo listings
Click images to enlarge.
Chapel- Quaint and Rustic nestled among a majestic stand of Fir Trees; Cozy spiritual retreat; new chairs seat 75; podium; piano and hymnals; great acoustics for singing.
Lindgren Hall- The multipurpose centerpiece of our campus featuring stunning views of Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands; Ideal for conferences, seminars, special events or as a general meeting area; Removable divider can separate space into 2 meeting areas; Tables and chairs for 150 people; Cozy wood fireplace; Spacious deck with picnic table seating for 30; Fully equipped Commercial Kitchen with dinnerware for 150 people; Audio-visual Equipment available.
Booth Laboratory- Our college-level facility featuring available classroom/labs; Ideal for classes, outdoor or interpretive education activities and science labs; Some Lab Equipment available.
Beachfront Area - Bordering the Deception Pass State Park, our quiet beach cove features one of Puget Sound’s most tranquil and beautiful shorelines. Enjoy a fire in our campfire circle, nestled among the pebbles and driftwood, while watching one of your most memorable sunsets. Firewood available.
- The Rosario Beach Marine Laboratory is about halfway between Seattle WA and Vancouver BC.
- Take exit 230 off Interstate 5 (sign reads "Route 20, Burlington, Anacortes").
- Go west on Highway 20 (toward Whidbey Island and Anacortes).
- About twelve miles from the interstate exit (after passing an oil refinery on your right, and just after passing a golf course on your left) turn left at the stoplight (sign says "Oak Harbor, Port Townsend Ferry"). If you go straight instead of turning you will end up in Anacortes.
- About 5 miles later, after passing Pass Lake on the right (this will be the SECOND lake that you will drive by on this road), turn right onto Rosario Road, toward the "Rosario Beach Area" of Deception Pass State Park. Be careful! This turn can be easy to miss. If you do miss the turn, you will end up at the Deception Pass Bridge.
- After driving about 0.8 miles on Rosario Road, look for a sign that says "Rosario Beach Area". Turn left onto Cougar Gap Road which slants down (this road which slants down can be hard to see). After just a few seconds you will come to a "Y" in the road; keep left. After a few more seconds you will find the entrance to Rosario n on the right (and the entrance to the state park straight ahead).
Note: Our “Rosario Beach” is not the same as “The Rosario Resort” which is located on Orcas Island.