The work of the Faculty Development Committee is to:
- Recommend policies and administer programs to foster professional growth.
- Recommend policies regarding faculty research and administer faculty grant applications.
- Review sabbatical applications and submit recommendations to the administration.
- Oversee the activities of the Faculty Center.
The committee consists of the Vice-President for Academic Administration or designee, and six teaching faculty. The faculty members should represent each of the following three academic areas: humanities, sciences-mathematics-engineering, and professional-technical.
The vice-chair coordinates applications for faculty grants.
Current Committee Members
- Maria Bastien, Chair
- Tom Ekkens, Vice Chair
- Frank Fabian
- Jody Washburn
- Jonathan Duncan, Ex officio (Chair of the Faculty)
- Volker Henning, Ex officio (VP, Academic Administration)
- Open position