For All Walla Walla University-sponsored International Travel
Policies and Procedures
Please complete and submit the International Travel Request Application:
(Open with Adobe Acrobat to print form or to add text digitally; for assistance, call Marianne at ext. 2250)
Travel must be authorized by the required signatures at the end of the form prior to any advertising, fund raising or making travel arrangements. Proposals should be submitted a minimum of two months before the proposed departure date.
What constitutes University sponsorship?
1. Travel is organized on behalf of a University organization.
2. If one or more of the following apply, the travel is considered University-sponsored:
- Any advertising is done through the University
- Participation relates to continuing education
- A University account contributes funds
- Held money is disbursed through a University account
- Traveler reports as a tax-deductible expense
- Travel fulfills University contractual agreements
- Traveler was invited, or is attending as a representative, because the traveler is a student or employee of the University
- Travel activity is fully supported, supervised, and controlled by the University
- Student organizations
- Religious groups
- Sports clubs
- Intercollegiate athletics teams
- Civic engagement organizations
- Residence halls
- Academic credit will be earned
- Sabbatical-related activity