- Walla Walla University
- Risk and Safety Management
- Travel & Vehicles
- International Travel
General Travel Tips
- Be aware of any safety concerns in the country to which you are traveling by reviewing the Country Specific Information report.
- Know how to contact the United States Consulate.
- Have an emergency plan in place for responding to natural disasters, political unrest, and other types of emergencies.
- Have a plan for accessing emergency cash.
- Plan ahead for using a cell phone or calling card while traveling. Not all cell phone plans or calling cards work internationally. Call your phone carrier ahead for special instructions.
- A medical treatment authorization should be completed in advance and accessible while traveling.
- Have a plan for first aid procedures. If there is an accident, document in detail all information.
- Be careful of travel providers. Deal with reputable companies/providers only.
- Be sure you have adequate insurance coverage for personal and University property.
- Be aware of local customs, culinary and cultural differences, religious observations, gestures, mannerisms, dress and other circumstances that may be different than in the United States.
- Comply with all required pre-trip documentations (such as passports, visas, waivers and insurance coverage).
Last update on
December 5, 2017