Driver & Transportation Policies/Forms
The intent of the Walla Walla University driver policy is to provide safe transportation.
All drivers of Walla Walla University-owned or business-rented vehicles, or those driving their personal vehicles with passengers for WWU-coordinated travel (that which is planned by a department or employee, for a University function), must be on the WWU Approved Driver List (SIGN IN required). To apply to be a WWU Approved Driver please send the following documents annually to Risk & Safety Management by campus mail or fax--(509) 527-2249 or e-mail to email@example.com.
|A copy of a valid driver's license|
|Completed WWU Driver's Questionnaire and Safe Driving Guidelines|
|Completed one-time Release of Interest for WA-licensed applicants (effective May 1, 2016)|
|Fillable Form (open with Adobe Acrobat)|
Motor Vehicle Records & Driving History
Motor vehicle records and driving history will be reviewed for all drivers. In order to qualify, you may not have more than two traffic citations and no at-fault accidents during the previous three years. THE AVERAGE TURNAROUND TIME FOR DRIVER APPROVAL IS 4-5 DAYS. If you are approved, your name will be posted to the Approved Driver List. If you are not approved or we have a question, you will be contacted.
- Please report any driving record changes throughout the year to Risk & Safety Management.
- The driver will be responsible for any citations for which he/she is at-fault.
- The minimum age for drivers of all vehicles, other than vehicles with 7+ occupants, will be 19 years of age.
Drivers of Vehicles with 7+ Occupants
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, ANYONE DRIVING A 7+ OCCUPANT VEHICLE SHALL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO:
- Be 21 years of age
- Complete the driver safety online course every four years. Call Marianne in Risk and Safety Management at (509) 527-2250.
- 15-passenger vans may not be used for any University activities. Watch the following video about the risks of 15-passenger vans and alternative options. Video
Transportation Options for WWU Activities
All participants drive independently with no arrangements made by the Sponsor.
|Option 2.||All transportation is provided by University-owned or business-rented vehicles, or privately-owned vehicles specifically arranged by the Sponsor. The Sponsor shall:|
For any privately-owned vehicles arranged by the Sponsor, the Sponsor shall verify that:
The following policy applies only to travel outside of the city limits of College Place and Walla Walla:
If any students choose to use non-University-arranged private transportation, the Sponsor will:
Student Employees & WWU Service Vehicles
- Not use the vehicle for personal use, but only for pickups and deliveries.
- Return the vehicle to the department.
- Carry no passengers other than those approved by the department manager or designee.
Vehicles Requiring a CDL License for WWU
Contact Facility Services for CDL Driver arrangements.
Guests may drive University vehicles if their name is on the WWU Approved Driver List. Paperwork may be sent in advance to Risk & Safety Management by campus mail or fax (509) 527-2249 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. If not, guests should rent vehicles from a rental company with their name and insurance, and be reimbursed by the University department when appropriate.