Page menu

Domestic Travel

For Walla Walla University-sponsored
Domestic Student Travel

Voted 08/21/15 President's Cabinet

Policies and Procedures

The Domestic Student Travel Request Application is required if your trip meets any of the following criteria:

• One or more students with an overnight stay
• Any class will be missed by a student (Class absences should be kept to a minimum.)
• Athletic trip
• Academic field trip

  • Paper form                                

Travel must be authorized by the required signatures at the end of the form prior to any advertising, fund raising, or making travel arrangements.  Requests should be submitted two weeks before the proposed departure date.

What constitutes University sponsorship?

1.  Travel is organized on behalf of a University organization.

2.  If one or more of the following apply, the travel is considered University-sponsored:

  • Any advertising is done through the University
  • Participation relates to continuing education
  • A University account contributes funds
  • Held money is disbursed through a University account
  • Traveler reports as a tax-deductible expense
  • Travel fulfills University contractual agreements
  • Traveler was invited, or is attending as a representative, because the traveler is a student or employee of the University
  • Travel activity is fully supported, supervised, and controlled by the University
  • Student organizations
  • Religious groups
  • Sports clubs
  • Intercollegiate athletics teams
  • Civic engagement organizations
  • Residence halls
  • Academic credit will be earned
  • Sabbatical-related activity

Last update on September 18, 2018