WWU BOATING POLICY
Please note the following procedures that need to be followed for all WWU-sponsored boating activities, with the exception of the Rosario Beach Marine Laboratory (which has its own policies):
- All occupants of motor boats, canoes, kayaks, row boats, rafts, paddleboards, etc., shall wear a Coast Guard Approved Personal Flotation Device at all times.
- Prior to using a personal boat, the WWU Boat Lease Agreement is filled in, signed by the boat owner, and submitted to Risk & Safety Management for review and approval with a completed Contract Approval Process form and a copy of the boat owner's proof of property damage and liability insurance coverage. Risk & Safety Management will retain a copy of the signed agreement and return the original agreement to the sponsoring department.
- All occupants of boats will sign a WWU Water Sports waiver found on the Risk and Safety Management waiver page.
- No boat shall be used over 50 feet in length, unless chartered with a complete crew.
- All WWU whitewater rafting trips must include the services of a professional whitewater rafting guide.