Environmental Health & Safety
Walla Walla University is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. All employees (i.e. students, faculty, staff), especially those who are in supervisory positions, are encouraged to take advantage of the various resources and services outlined below.
Safety is everyone's responsibility (President's Letter). All training records are to be retained in departments according to Walla Walla University's Records Retention Policy. These are resources to help you assess, build and monitor your department's safety program.
Property Theft/Loss/Damage (Personal property, including autos, is not covered by WWU Insurance)
Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)
Walla Walla University is committed to providing a safe and healthful work environment. This is our plan to eliminate or minimize occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Guides for the safe purchase, use, storage, and disposal of chemical products are located at Chemical Safety and Management. (SIGN IN required)
Online Training Opportunities by CLMI
CLMI offers high quality, on-demand online training that is compliant with the standards of OSHA (the Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and provides the most current safety information in an appropriate and effective manner.
Departments are encouraged to utilize Walla Walla University's CLMI Training Server, with courses sponsored by Risk and Safety Management. The Instruction templates can be customized to provide step-by-step directions, and printable certificates are available at the completion of each course.
Courses on the CLMI Training Server are accessed by enrolling as a new user with a first initial/last name (or using an existing CLMI log-in). The Assigned Courses box lists all the available training options, except any courses already completed by the logged-in user (shown in the box below titled Recently Completed Courses).
The entire CLMI online catalog lists hundreds of other courses (with preview videos) that could be made available for employee training. Only courses with "vod" in the course ID (i.e., clmiddpv_vod) are compatible with the University training platform. To add courses from the catalog, or for any comments or concerns about this training program, please contact Risk and Safety Management.
List of Currently Available CLMI courses:
- 7+ Driver Training
- Accident Investigation
- Back Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogens in Heavy Industry
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training for Employees
- Chain Saw Safety
- Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Employees
- Ergonomics for Non-office Workers
- Ergonomics for Office Workers
- Eye Protection
- Fire Extinguishers: Ready to Respond
- Hand and Power Tool Safety
- Hazard Communication and The Global Harmonizing System [GHS]
- Hazard Communication in Cleaning and Maintenance Operations
- Hazard Communication: GHS Chemical Labeling
- Hazard Communication: GHS Container Labeling
- Hazard Communication: GHS Safety Data Sheets
- Laboratory Safety: Flammables and Explosives in the Laboratory
- Laboratory Safety: GHS Safety Data Sheets in Laboratories
- Laboratory Safety: Laboratory Hoods
- Laboratory Safety: OSHA Laboratory Standard
- Laboratory Safety: Safety Showers and Eye Washes in the Laboratory
- Lockout/Tagout: Affected Employees
- Lockout/Tagout: Authorized Employees
- Machine Safeguarding
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety for Non-office Workers
- Safety for Office Workers
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure
- Spills & Skills: Non-Emergency Hazmat Spill Response
- Universal Waste - Bulbs, Batteries, Bugs & Barometers
- Using Ladders Safely